Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

There will probably be a limit to how many kits you're allowed to bring into the country. Like 6 bottles of wine, a case of beer and 4 kits in scale 1/72. Anything to declare, sir? 🙂 

But does a Constellation carry the same value as a Storch for customs purposes?  🤔 

32 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

But does a Constellation carry the same value as a Storch for customs purposes?  🤔 

If that's the case I'll have to put the kits in Starfix boxes - not sure they even qualify as plastic kits. 😀 (Apologies to Starfix - only messing around).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

If that's the case I'll have to put the kits in Starfix boxes - not sure they even qualify as plastic kits. 😀 (Apologies to Starfix - only messing around).

Bang goes the Starfix sponsorship for the next GB then :weep:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Bang goes the Starfix sponsorship for the next GB then :weep:

The 'Starfix Classic GB' - electic enough for me to co-host even....

..and given the skills of some of the members here there would be some beautiful builds as well! 😀

edit: Just looking on Scalemates they do some 1:100 kits that look like they may have emanated from a certain French manufacturer - must have a look see for more info.

I have just completed my first build for this GB (Heller 1/24 Citroen 15 CV (80763) (Ex-763) and have been making slow progress on the second (Jeanne D'Arc). However, I am now declaring a third build for this GB which is another Citroen 15 CV, seeing as I enjoyed the first one so much (most of the time anyway). This is a slightly later boxing than my first one:

spacer.png

I have a cunning plan for this build but all I can say for now is it won't be painted black like the first!

Dave

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

I found a link that I haven't seen before that might be useful for anyone with a LeO 451 - it shows the armament (esp the 20mm) and internal details that I haven't seen elsewhere. 

Regards,

Adrian

Great find Adrian 

I imagine another good thing about that blooming great cannon was the increase in aircraft speed when it was fired due to the recoil !

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I found a link that I haven't seen before that might be useful for anyone with a LeO 451 - it shows the armament (esp the 20mm) and internal details that I haven't seen elsewhere. 

Regards,

Adrian

Very useful, Adrian. Thank you.

Martin

6 hours ago, davecov said:

I have a cunning plan for this build but all I can say for now is it won't be painted black like the first!

I'm a great fan of cunning plans so I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Dammit! A Heller AMX-30 just fell into my shopping trolley on ebay. Under a tenner inc postage too. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Regards,

Adrian

Stop it. I’ve been locked in battle with a voice inside my head that keeps saying “you need to have a go at a tank”.

(MiG Farmer and Potez 540 Musée Edition inbound...)

• Haha 1

Ladies and Gentlemen 

Believe it or not we are now a month into our Heller Classic GB, and we have just started our 7th page of builds, congratulations everyone.

However we have miles of room for more builds, and lots of people had previously expressed a desire to join this GB.

Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to re-invite the following BM members to this GB, I've put the red carpet out, drink and nibbles are ready for your arrival. 

So these exclusive invitees are:

@Ale85 , @Andre B, @Antoine, @Arniec, @arnobiz, @Back in the Saddle, @Black Knight, @cmatthewbacon, @Col., @Des, @Grandboof, @GREG DESTEC, @grufsnik, @ilsleyl @Irishgreek, @John, @Johnson, @JosephLalor, @Jur, @lewis25049  LostCosmonauts, @malpaso, @markrob, @MarkSH, @modelling minion, @Moggy, @Mr T @noelvt, @Orso @Paul Bradley , @Pin, @rafalbert @Ray S , @richellis, @Rob S, @SAU, @Threadbear, @TonyTiger66, @Ventora3300 @vinnie the panda 

I appreciate lots of you have builds to finish elsewhere, however we look forward to seeing you on here soon.

Cheers Pat

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I even have some kits so don't need to buy anything, 

Great to hear from you, how many of us have said that, only to then see other peoples builds and say, oh I'll need to get one of those !

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to hear from you, how many of us have said that, only to then see other peoples builds and say, oh I'll need to get one of those !

How very true.

There are some great builds on here that I have been dipping in and out of and some which are making it difficult to not press the "buy" button. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have another build near enough to completion to pull one of my Heller kits out the stash.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Nae pressure then!

I have a build in mind, but I know I can’t finish it in two months... Should I start it, or leave it well alone? What’s the protocol in this this situation? 😂

Stop pontificating and withdraw ones digit ! :wink:

Lots of other candidates I would imagine you can choose from, if you want to finish in time.

Either way it would be great to have you with us.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

So these exclusive invitees are:

@Rob S,

I appreciate lots of you have builds to finish elsewhere, however we look forward to seeing you on here soon.

Cheers Pat

Thanks for the (Re)Invite but unfortunately at this stage my RSVP has to be to decline. Life, the Universe, an ineligible Kit, and having to move the “Stash” to another Location and effectively store it have conspired to rule me out. 

However if my situation changes before the end of the GB and/or I win the Lotto (that is if I listen to Voice in my Head that says “At least meet me halfway and put an Entry in!”) and become a Man of Leisure instead of having to work like a Slave or Foreign Labourer then I may be able to enter something. 

• Sad 1

Hello Pat,

I will not be able to join after all, sorry! I only have the 1/100 Le Soleil Royal, and that will not be a quick project. Having gone through the stash, no candidates are there at all, which surprised me, and the way things are I cannot justify more kits.

I wish everyone who is building well, take care all,

Ray

• Like 4

Hi @Ray S

Great to hear from you, and obviously sorry you are currently unable to join us. 

Please feel free to encourage others on here during their builds and naturally if the situation changes and you do find something Hellerish to build you are very welcome to join us.

Regards Pat 

• Thanks 1