Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

If I can find a Mureaux 117 at a reasonable cost  I will be in.

Released 1967 so I guess it qualifies!

I have all the Boutique Renaissance accessories and the Fernandez French Wings book.

I will update if I find one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

I have all the Boutique Renaissance accessories and the Fernandez French Wings book.

Will this help? I do not know about postage out to OZ, but they may have something else to top up with and make it worth while!

https://www.kingkit.co.uk/shop.php?search=kitfinder&search_term=Mureaux 117&brand=&cat=&scale=

Cheers, Ray

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Well Ed, I look forward to receiving the news that you've got your grubby mitts on a Les Mureaux 117 and you'll be joining us.

Finger's crossed here.

Anyone else want to join us, there's quite a crowd, it will be friendly and cosy but in a socially distant way...

2 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You can count me in with one or more 1/43 modern classic cars!

best,

M.

Excellent! There's always room for more stuff that stays on the ground! 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You can count me in with one or more 1/43 modern classic cars!

best,

M.

Sounds good to me, just remember, the mould has to originate from prior 1st Jan 1986 but there's plenty of subjects to choose from, Heller always had an eye for the extraordinary, they even moulded the Austen Princess in 1/43rd!

On 16/10/2018 at 20:19, Wez said:

Following in the wake of the Matchbox, Airfix Golden Years and 2019's Frog GB's does anyone fancy joining a Heller classic GB?

To me the golden years of Heller are those from the mid-1970's until the mid-1980's when the hook-up with Humbrol went sour, so I propose anything from Heller prior to the Humbrol years is admissible for this GB.

This means any original Heller mould originally released by Heller up until 31st December 1985, it doesn't have to be in a Heller box, Heller kits have been released by many other manufacturers - Airfix, Buzzco, Encore, KP, Lodela, Revell and SMER to name but a few, but another manufacturer's kit in a Heller box would be ineligible (Heller released some Airfix kits in their boxes).

What do you say?  Anyone else up for this?

1.  Wez (Host)

2.  vppelt68

3.  Rabbit Leader (Co-Host)

4.  Jockney (Co-Host)

5.  Heather Kay (Co-Host)

6.  MarkSH

7.  TEMPESTMK5

8.  CliffB

9.  Zebra

10. Arnie C

11. Grandboof

12. Romeo Alpha Yankee

13. Ray S

14. Pin

15. Modelling Minion

16. Antoine

17. Malpaso

18. GREG DESTEC

19. Col

20. noelvt

21. Jabba

22. Rafalbert

23. PaulT 876

24. Corsairfoxfouruncle

25. richellis

26. Paul Bradley

27. Moggy

28. Bjorn

29. Fightersweep

30. SAU

31. exdraken

32. TonyTiger66

33. John D.C Masters

34. Threadbear

35. Des

36. theplastisurgeon

37. Irishgreek

38. TonyW

39. JosephLalor

40. Jinxman

41. Ventora3300

42. Wimbledon99

43. Rudolf_Filip

44. Foxbat

45. Andre B

46. Jean

47. Stevehnz

48. Johnson

49. JB65rams

50. Halcyonjet

51. ThePlasticSurgeon

52. srkirad

53. jpthedog

54. Back in the Saddle

55. Ridge Runner

56. Vinnie the Panda

57. Bengalensis

58. ArnieC

59. PeterB

60. Mr T

61. 825

62. BlackAck

63. JeroenS (Co-host)

64. Adrian Hills

65. klr

66. Rob Lyttle

67. Desk Flyer

68. janneman36

69. alt-92

70. Ale85

71. LostCosmonauts

72. Orso

73. Dean Whiston

74. lewis25049

75. Ilsesy

76. Rafwaffe

77. JWM

78. CYA

79. TonyOD

80. markrob

81. Pete F

82. cherry268

83. AntoineG

84. grufsnik

85. cmatthewbacon

86..  ???

9 minutes ago, Wez said:

Sounds good to me, just remember, the mould has to originate from prior 1st Jan 1986 but there's plenty of subjects to choose from, Heller always had an eye for the extraordinary, they even moulded the Austen Princess in 1/43rd!

They did indeed:

heller-deep-cuts-L.jpg

I've also got the 1/24 Lotus and Brabham F1 cars from around 1970 and a 917K, so there'll be plenty of choice!

best,

M.

M.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

They did indeed:

heller-deep-cuts-L.jpg

I've also got the 1/24 Lotus and Brabham F1 cars from around 1970 and a 917K, so there'll be plenty of choice!

best,

M.

M.

Great choices, my uncle had a 30TS, it had a V6 engine, it was pretty hot - too hot for the Isle of Wight with its twisty, narrow roads, my aunt drove a Renault 4, much better suited to the IoW!

8 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

The CX! The CX!

Any of them!!!

9 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Wow, 85 builders... could we reach 100 @Wez?

Now there's a scary prospect :hypnotised:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Wez said:

they even moulded the Austen Princess in 1/43rd!

If only they did the Austin Allegro.... Vanden Plas.

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Multiple builds are strongly encouraged!  :thumbsup:

I've decided to hold off with my Dragon Rapide until I can get hold of a rare-as-hens-teeth Kuivalainen photo etch bit, or my scratch building skills are, well, up to scratch, as I've chanced across a subject that will be an absolute labour of love if I ever do it. You never know, one might turn up. Only place I can find with them in stock are Czech dealers, one is "temporarily" not trading at the moment and the other doesn't seem to do business outside the Czech Rep/Slovakia. There is still the Corsair... 🙂

11 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

There is still the Corsair...

Good!

If the Dragon Rapide is a labour of love then maybe a GB is not the place for it.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ray S said:

Will this help? I do not know about postage out to (Australia), but they may have something else to top up with and make it worth while!

https://www.kingkit.co.uk/shop.php?search=kitfinder&search_term=Mureaux 117&brand=&cat=&scale=

Cheers, Ray

Thanks Ray - yes, I saw that one - only a bit over-priced but the postage is more than the cost of the kit - a bit much.

The last thing I need is more kits!

• Like 1

I might want to join this GB if that is ok? I have had for far too long in my possession this enormous box and it is high time that I do something with it:

IMG-20200724-083325.jpg

I can't vouch for the date of this particular release but I think that these ships have been in Heller's inventory for a long time, in some or other form. Scalemates says 1968 for the first release. Plus, the box is in French so surely that should give me a free pass ;)

There is no way that I could complete all three ships in the time allocated to the GB but hopefully I might be able to get one of them done.

Working on aircraft right now so I will have to recalibrate my skills a little. We shall see.

Edited by Jur
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

I might want to join this GB if that is ok? I have had for far too long in my possession this enormous box and it is high time that I do something with it:

IMG-20200724-083325.jpg

I can't vouch for the date of this particular release but I think that these ships have been in Heller's inventory for a long time, in some or other form. Scalemates says 1968 for the first release. Plus, the box is in French so surely that should give me a free pass ;)

There is no way that I could complete all three ships in the time allocated to the GB but hopefully I might be able to get one of them done.

Working on aircraft right now so I will have to recalibrate my skills a little. We shall see.

What a lovely subject. I might have a crack at something seagoing one day. Ark Royal maybe.

• Like 1

Some years ago I built another little Heller ship, the Tartane:

IMG-20180916-144709.jpg

I rather enjoyed that so I don't know why I never got round to these ones.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jur said:

IMG-20200724-083325.jpg

1980 according to Carbonel so they qualify either way.

Welcome along Jur, if any of these turn out as nice as La Tartane they'll be a great addition to the GB.

Thanks for signing up.

Anyone else up for this?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wez said:

Plus, the box is in French so surely that should give me a free pass ;)

Haha 😊

I've got a Caravelle (Airliner) like that!! Instructions too?? 

It's always astonished me how small these ships were. I spent some time looking around the replica of "Matthew", John Cabot's ship, when on trials in Penzance. No bigger than a Newlyn trawler! Plenty of ropes, though!! 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 16:27, rob Lyttle said:

It's always astonished me how small these ships were.

Indeed! The Fram, on which Amundsen sailed to the South Pole, is on display in Oslo, I was there last summer. It's not even 40 meters and they went all the way down on it, crew, livestock and over 100 dogs! Amazing.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, JeroenS said:

Indeed! The Fram, on which Amundsen sailed to the South Pole, is on display in Oslo, I was there last summer. It's not even 40 meters and they went all the way down on it, crew, livestock and over 100 dogs! Amazing.

I visited Fram a number of years ago and it was a very powerful experience, having read about the exploits of Nansen and Amundsen. They don't make 'em like those two any more.

• Like 1

Wee weekend push for this one, we're a bit short on numbers for this classic GB :whistle:

Any original Heller mould originally released before 1 Jan 1986.

Any manufacturer's re-release, any later re-release all welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

Just treated myself to the this grand old lady so I may build her alongside the 'Blower' :think:

url%5D

Simply gorgeous!  Please do!

• Like 3