Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

34 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I'm ready

I'd say so too!  That's a lovely selection of kits, each of them a little gem in their own right.

• Like 1

Just now, Wez said:

I'd say so too!  That's a lovely selection of kits, each of them a little gem in their own right.

Probably my best e-bay buy to date Wez,12 quid!

• Like 2

All of you, go out there and twist the arms, give Chinese burns to, persuade somebody who hasn't signed up to this GB to sign up to this one.  I'm sure you'll all know somebody skulking in a dark corner that you know has a Heller kit in the stash and would love to join this GB.  I'm sure your powers of persuasion are far more subtle than mine...   :fight:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Wez said:

All of you, go out there and twist the arms, give Chinese burns to, persuade somebody who hasn't signed up to this GB to sign up to this one.  I'm sure you'll all know somebody skulking in a dark corner that you know has a Heller kit in the stash and would love to join this GB.  I'm sure your powers of persuasion are far more subtle than mine...   :fight:

you’ve got me , I am in😁

cheers,Jan

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

you’ve got me , I am in😁

cheers,Jan

Good man, welcome!

Any more want to join?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Well, I can't NOT join in after today's random delivery:

Correct!  Good decision, well made!

Welcome to the fold, I've always felt the Texan and the Airacobra to be good kits for their time.

Anyone else up for this?

Dug out the old Fishbed.  I think she's safely under 25%.  No instructions, so that'll be interesting.  Have to rob some decals from somewhere too.

49732686598_d1c81683b9_c.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Dug out the old Fishbed. 

Nice choice Chris.  Alternative decals?  Given the age of some of these kits that's to be expected.

Looking forward to this GB.

Room for more, anyone else want to join?

8 hours ago, Wez said:

Nice choice Chris.  Alternative decals?  Given the age of some of these kits that's to be expected.

I've got the 1/72 Eduard Royal Class boxing as well (pipped it on sale a while back).  I'll decide which 2 schemes I want to save for that, then "borrow" one set from there...it only comes w/ 12 different schemes from 11 countries.  :blink:  Since I won't be concerned with accuracy for this build, the later decals (MF) won't bother me...and I don't have to purchase anything extra.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

This is what came in the post today:

49736085756_ff1ae03929_c.jpg

Two kits, one box!  I contacted the seller and got a response of "oops, oh I forgot about that.  Don't worry about it.  Enjoy!"

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BlackAck said:

This is what came in the post today:

49736085756_ff1ae03929_c.jpg

Two kits, one box!  I contacted the seller and got a response of "oops, oh I forgot about that.  Don't worry about it.  Enjoy!"

Bonus!  I love the Spitfire XVI, such a lovely kit, I have several in the stash, OK so the radiators are too deep but that's fixable.  I always liked the colour scheme on that box lid too.

Anyone else want to join what's shaping up to be a great Classic GB?  The rules are simple:

Original Heller moulds  up until including 1985 are welcome, it doesn't matter whose box they're in (SMER, KP, Airfix, Lodela, Revell just to name a few who've issued Heller moulds in their boxes), they're welcome.  Original Heller moulds in newer Heller boxes are also welcome.

Non Heller moulds in Heller boxes aren't welcome however, it's all about Heller this one!

There's plenty of subjects in the Heller pantheon, ships, submarines, cars, motorbikes, trucks, AFVs and lots of aircraft, go and search your stash, I'm sure you've got something that fits the bill, come and join us in October.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Pete F said:

Is it too late for me to join? If not count me in.

No Pete, you're not too late.  Welcome.

Plenty of room for more, anyone else want to join in?

Dang, now I need to look in my limited (I foolishly had a sanity limit that in pandemic times seems way too restrictive) stash to figure out if I have any Heller moulded kits (I’m pretty sure I don’t have any Heller boxings)

16 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Dang, now I need to look in my limited (I foolishly had a sanity limit that in pandemic times seems way too restrictive) stash to figure out if I have any Heller moulded kits (I’m pretty sure I don’t have any Heller boxings)

Original Heller moulds  up until including 1985 are welcome, it doesn't matter whose box they're in (SMER, KP, Airfix, Lodela, Revell just to name a few who've issued Heller moulds in their boxes), they're welcome.  Original Heller moulds in newer Heller boxes are also welcome.

Non Heller moulds in Heller boxes aren't welcome however, it's all about Heller this one!

15 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

a sanity limit 

Sanity limit, good one 🙂 

I have a so-called "subtly raised left eyebrow limit"... 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

Sanity limit, good one 🙂 

I have a so-called "subtly raised left eyebrow limit"... 

I have a subtle, resigned sigh limit myself.

• Haha 2

On 3/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Desk Flyer said:

Hi there,

I haven't participated in a group build before... May I join in with this one, please?

IMG_20200322_121938

(The kit, not the cushion) 🤔

Thanks!

This was the first ever Heller 1/72 kit I built, and it blew me away. I have built it again since, and have two more in stash, both the recent Revell boxing.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 12:56 PM, alt-92 said:

Well, I can't NOT join in after today's random delivery:

y4m7i78h-Whez6bupgyBMymY8bOSrIg37C6juWXf

The 109K sadly is missing the upper wing parts. Bummer.

The rest is salvageable with some scratchbuild cockpit parts here and there.

40 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

The 109K sadly is missing the upper wing parts. Bummer.

Might be able to help you out there, give me a couple of days to check.

• Like 1