Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

5 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I might just do that. I'll snap a photo of the candidates and post it here for your perusal.

Excellent! Let's make this one a bit of a challenge for you then 😇

• Thanks 1

Ok @fightersweep aka Steve, I have decided to blink first and not only find another build, but something which isn't on the build list so far...

So leaving HMS Victory to the experts like yourself and because I want to do my bit to support @Heather Kay and her forthcoming future GB, called Double Deckers, Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the #078  Bücker Bü133 "Jungmeister"

IMG_5575

And yes I intend to try and rig it, so come on Steve, " let's be aving ya ! " :bleh:

Oy @TonyW looks like an old box, I don't suppose...... :idea:

Cheers Pat

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Ok @fightersweep aka Steve, I have decided to blink first and not only find another build, but something which isn't on the build list so far...

So leaving HMS Victory to the experts like yourself and because I want to do my bit to support @Heather Kay and her forthcoming future GB, called Double Deckers, Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the #078  Bücker Bü133 "Jungmeister"

IMG_5575

And yes I intend to try and rig it, so come on Steve, " let's be aving ya ! " :bleh:

Oy @TonyW looks like an old box, I don't suppose...... :idea:

Cheers Pat

Yup!  There's no way I'll ever say no to an old box going spare.

It looks like it needs a bit of a love up Pat, and I would be more than happy to provide that.

What a great Forum.

Tony.

@JOCKNEY  Challenge accepted!

Nice choice, and one I admit I was eyeing up in the stash, but then thought "too much rigging....nahhhh!". So I'll leave this one in your very capable hands.

I think @TonyOD has the 1/180th HMS Victory speed build covered, so we're ok there 🤔🤣

Likewise, I want to build something on the list that hasn't been taken to fill in another gap. I only have wingy things, so that narrows it down. If I had the Ju-87 or Me-163, I would do either of those. However, I do have the Fw-190 and the F4U Corsair in the stash and no one has taken them yet. Corsair maybe to complement the Hellcat? Don't like the look of the wings in the box though.

...Yep! Nice old boxing of the Jungmeister you have there. Might be worth something on eBay, but it looks as though you've accidentally sat on the box. That won't help the value much. 🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, fightersweep said:

I think @TonyOD has the 1/180th HMS Victory speed build covered, so we're ok there 🤔🤣

Nah, not me, guv. 😉

I've decided to polish off my Spitfire and put this GB to bed. I have a couple of other builds I want to move along (one for GB with a looming deadline), and hey, whaddaya know, the Gulf War GB has started already? And Africa will be along before you know it.

I really want to get down to two build at a time max, one GB, one whatever I fancy (plus I have the Dragon Rapide "labour of love" project that's been on the back burner for months). I've just reminded myself that I've had an unusual amount of kit time lately with lockdown and self-isolation, once we have some mobility (if not normality) I'll be out and about a lot and my build rate will get even slower!

• Like 1

@TonyOD

Be nice to see the Spit XVI in the gallery, so that's something to look forward to. How far did the LeO get?

This is my first GB, so a new experience for me. I've enjoyed it a lot. I've signed up for a couple more, the French Fancy 2 and the Texan/Harvard GBs (I hope Special Hobby get that Academy re-boxing out soon!). I think I may have been sucked into the world of GBs

I work from home so the lockdown hasn't made much difference to me, but I still wasn't getting much built. Being in the GB has certainly been a mojo restorer!

Steve

17 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

How far did the LeO get?

I scrapped it at a fairly late stage and started again. I'm making a much better job of it (and enjoying it more) second time round. Progress us slow but satisfying. Just waiting for some fancy 3D printed landing gears to arrive from France.

20 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

This is my first GB, so a new experience for me.

Likewise, I think I signed for MTO III before this one but I didn't get the LeO over the line, so this is the first I've turned anything in for. I'm doing a Crusader for the Interceptors GB and there's a whole bunch more coming up,

• Like 2

I've enjoyed dipping into the various thread on this GB but have to confess that I have not been as active as I would have liked. Life is just a bit busy at the moment...

I'm still going to attempt to finish my model in time but much will depend on the weather... I need a warm dry day for my rattle cans!

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 11:22, fightersweep said:

@JOCKNEY  Challenge accepted!

Nice choice, and one I admit I was eyeing up in the stash, but then thought "too much rigging....nahhhh!". So I'll leave this one in your very capable hands.

Likewise, I want to build something on the list that hasn't been taken to fill in another gap. I only have wingy things, so that narrows it down. If I had the Ju-87 or Me-163, I would do either of those. However, I do have the Fw-190 and the F4U Corsair in the stash and no one has taken them yet. Corsair maybe to complement the Hellcat? Don't like the look of the wings in the box though.

...Yep! Nice old boxing of the Jungmeister you have there. Might be worth something on eBay, but it looks as though you've accidentally sat on the box. That won't help the value much. 🤣

Do the Corsair Steve!

On 29/01/2021 at 11:26, fightersweep said:

Ok! Corsair it is. I'll get the thread started today.

Well?? 😉 

As for the builds, we've cleared the 50% mark! There's already a huge number in the gallery and I'm sure we'll get even more. Awesome.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Well?? 😉 

Been far too busy building other Heller kits. However, I did get some extra goodies for the Corsair arrive in the post yesterday from that awfully nice Mr Hannant chap, so it will probably be today that I start the thread. Then there's the problem of choosing a scheme as I have the Sky Models sheet for the Corsair that has about eleventy billion options. I am leaning towards a Bunker Hill scheme though as I've always liked those.

• Like 1

Last night I remembered that I have a Smer SPAD VII in my WW1 types boxes. That kit is ex-Heller according to the font of kits knowledge, Scalemates.

If I do a bit of a 'blitz' on it over the coming weekend I may get it done before the deadline

Also, tomorrow I can get to my number 2 stash shed. In it is a rather rare Heller kit. I may be tempted to build it as well.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, Wez said:

Who wants the good news?

Those of you who're struggling to get finished for this GB, well, you've got an extra week.

@Enzo Matrix has granted us an extra week, the GB now finishes at midnight on 14th Feb, after that, there's no more extension time available, so go and make the most of it!

004a044e1927a979dbf090ba6532389438170816

That should give me all the time I need to finish my three in progress builds (Bf 108, Fi 156 and Bloch 210), and build my much-neglected F-86. However, I also have two KUTA builds to complete this week (no extension there!), and they will take priority in the latter half of this week.

Part of me is thinking I should use the extra time to build yet another Heller kit, which would (all going well) be my 8th for this GB. Now, what might I choose?

• Like 2

It is with great sadness that I have to report the passing of GraemeH who was building an Australian Vampire based upon the Heller Mistral kit...

His passing was reported in the ANZAC GB.

Whilst I didn't know Graeme personally, I'd had many dealings with him as he was a very active contributor to this site, he always struck me as an affable and helpful individual.

Our condolences and sympathies to his family and friends.

• Sad 9

4 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I have now updated the pics 

Can't think of a single reason why not 👍

It ain't over till it's over, and locked, Is what I think...... 

I wish I had access to my E-type Race car instead of it being in a shop in lockdown. I'd certainly be taking some better pictures for the galleries 

Edited by rob Lyttle
Addition
  • Like 2

My Talbot Record won't be finished on time so as a minor compensation I'll be throwing one of these into the mix.

28284634459_202ea38c71_z.jpgDSCF9276 by timothy jones, on Flickr

I reckon the grey one should be doable in a week. The others may appear in the French Fancy GB. 

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TimJ said:

My Talbot Record won't be finished on time so as a minor compensation I'll be throwing one of these into the mix.

28284634459_202ea38c71_z.jpgDSCF9276 by timothy jones, on Flickr

I reckon the grey one should be doable in a week. The others may appear in the French Fancy GB. 

Brilliant, I do hope the flower power one comes with decals, rather than you gave to show off your art skills !

Cheers Pat