Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

4 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I'm hoping to add another three to the gallery over the weekend, and I'm considering throwing one more into the hat.

Good man!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I took a peek.

Passed on the calendar, found three decently priced American Muscle Cars instead. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to stash expansion.

There's also a few Ford Mustangs on the site, useful if you fancy the Mustang GB later in the year. £22 for the Revell '69 Boss 302 is the cheapest I've seen so far. Best be quick!

Have to say some of Dave Coley’s prices are really good value, on the Heller stuff at least (I haven’t really looked at anything else!) I’ve ordered twice and each time received a really nice set of freebie tweezers too. I’m a big fan.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Maybe we need to organise a Heller Group coach trip when this is all over and we can get back to normal. 

Sign me up for that Rob!

2 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Have to say some of Dave Coley’s prices are really good value, on the Heller stuff at least (I haven’t really looked at anything else!) I’ve ordered twice and each time received a really nice set of freebie tweezers too. I’m a big fan.

spacer.png

Got some of those freebie tweezers from Dave too and greatly appreciated they were. Probably the best tweezers set I've had the pleasure of using. Way better than my Xacto set, which was rubbish and have since gone in the bin. Dave's a fellow Southend boy too, so that get's my vote. Must browse his shop again soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Good man!

To be honest, I should have squeezed another update in on my threads, but I had one of those days yesterday where the progress just steamed along. Two are practically done, but I think the Bf-109C needs another update.

I was going to put this on the epic @Bengalensis Citroën build, but on reflection I don't think it's appropriate to clutter his ongoing work with my chatter.

You'll have to pardon the "non-Heller" content, but look what I just got.... 

IMG_20210119_184509

Not quite as much detail and content as his..... It is a little smaller than that. 

In fact I make it 6X6X6 times smaller or 1/216 the size.! 

If you recall the box art for the Lufthansa Constellation, it includes a company VW beetle. I'm not sure if the car is included in the kit or if it's a bit of creative artwork, but I've got a couple Lockheed twins coming on in 1.48 scale, and this little gem could look very period and cool parked beside them. 

There's even a PE and resin front grille incl. 

Definitely a civilian finish for this, and that gloss black looks fine to me! 

😍

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Not quite as much detail and content as his..... It is a little smaller than that. 

If you recall the box art for the Lufthansa Constellation, it includes a company VW beetle. I'm not sure if the car is included in the kit or if it's a bit of creative artwork, but I've got a couple Lockheed twins coming on in 1.48 scale, and this little gem could look very period and cool parked beside them. 

😍

Looks really nice, and that's how you drive in style when you're going to catch your flight. It will be perfect with one of your twins.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 11:55, TonyOD said:

I’ve ordered twice and each time received a really nice set of freebie tweezers too. I’m a big fan.

spacer.png

nodnodnod    I got some of those as a freebie as well.  Excellent set of tweezers.  No pingage of parts so the carpet monster never gets a look in!  :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

I was going to put this on the epic @Bengalensis Citroën build, but on reflection I don't think it's appropriate to clutter his ongoing work with my chatter.

You'll have to pardon the "non-Heller" content, but look what I just got.... 

IMG_20210119_184509

😍

French Fancy 2 GB...   ...just sayin' right! :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I have a fair bit of French shaped plastic in the stash.

As have I... I'm doing the Heller Potez 540 in the colours of a plane registered to the French Government and used by General Charles de Gaulle to tour French territories in Africa. That's fairly French.

54 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

French Fancy GB? That's tempting as I have a fair bit of French shaped plastic in the stash.

Be tempted, be tempted...

15 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Oh M'suir........ With zees group builds you are spoiling us....! 🗼🚙🚗🚐🚑🚒🚕🚚🏍️🛺

Listen very carefully, he will say this only once ! 🇫🇷

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dean Whiston said:

I have the Masterbox Maquis and Miniart French Civilian 1/35 sets - I keep thinking Allo Allo .......... 😁

I think this may have to be a least one entry for french fancy 2

Could you shoehorn in a Tamiya SdKfz 222 as well? Got to have Hans Gruber's "Little Tank" in the dio.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Could you shoehorn in a Tamiya SdKfz 222 as well? Got to have Hans Gruber's "Little Tank" in the dio.

ICM do a German staff set with the colonel, gruber and Helga ................

no I knew if I thought about it again it would get out of hand 😳😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

OK people, we're at 99 builds in the gallery! Who's up for claiming the coveted #100? 🙂 

Well, my Bf-109B is almost there. All that's left to do is glue the undercarriage legs on and it's done.

• Like 1

I think my Bf109G-6 was the 200th to start, so 100th in the gallery would be nice.

But I've got to do the aerial wire and a bit of weathering, so I suspect that Steve will beat me to it.