Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

18 hours ago, Wez said:

You're going to make a banana?

Scurries of to the Carbonel book to see which scale the banane was released in and whether the kit is eligible...

If it is a Black Banana you are too late - that GB has already finished!  

Alright people, we're 3 weekends into the GB and we're at a whopping 123 builds. 

However, completion ratio is falling behind, it's at a mere 1,6%... come on you guys, you need to spend more time actually building instead of trying to deplete the global stock of Heller kits 🤣

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

you need to spend more time actually building instead of trying to deplete the global stock of Heller kits 🤣

What, we're expected to build the things too?!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Anyone who has completed a Heller kit already isn't taking the issue seriously. 

Except for tiny planes which have been camouflaged anyway..... 😎

None taken :tease:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Alright people, we're 3 weekends into the GB and we're at a whopping 123 builds. 

However, completion ratio is falling behind, it's at a mere 1,6%... come on you guys, you need to spend more time actually building instead of trying to deplete the global stock of Heller kits 🤣

I had to put everything else to one side while I built a second Airfix Westland Sea King in just 9 days (!!!) for the Helicopter GB. It was the sort of crazy impulsive decision the French are famous for 😛. But now I'm back on track, although the Heller kits still need to compete with those in other GBs. So little time, so many kits.

• Like 4

I'm normally in the Gallery with a kit or two by now in a GB. This one's a bit different though.

Everything is brand new to me, it's not like banging together an Airfix kit I've done a hundred times before. I'm having to do a lightning apprenticeship on the history of the company and its products, the different types I've chosen to have a crack at, the colours needed, the list goes on and on.

It's making for a very full on experience at this end, and it's all the better for it.

I suspect it's a bit like the Dambusters raid out there at the moment, with cracks starting to appear in the Dam wall. Don't get yourself downstream of the flood of completed kits due along soon...

Tony.

• Like 6

Mon Dieu, I thought I had forgotten something!

2020-10-19_03-19-54

There are four Prototype/Le Mans- type race car kits in two boxes, a Jag, Porsche, Peugeot and the Mercedes. The Benetton is the only F1 I found - there should be a shy McLaren,  Ferrari and  Lotus hiding somewhere too :hmmm:No, I´m not going to build (any of) them :rofl2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

2020-10-19_03-19-54

There are four Prototype/Le Mans- type race car kits in two boxes, a Jag, Porsche, Peugeot and the Mercedes. The Benetton is the only F1 I found - there should be a shy McLaren,  Ferrari and  Lotus hiding somewhere too :hmmm:No, I´m not going to build (any of) them :rofl2:

I'm just having to sedate @Enzo Matrix as he was getting warmed up to deliver his famous catchphrase !

For goodness sake tell us what you are building before the effects wear off ;)

Cheers Pat

• Haha 3

Pat, at this moment my hands shake too much from joy and excitement to build anything, because half an hour ago I just, finally, won the Airfix Classic B-17G kit from the e... and with a decent price too :yahoo: :bounce:

That's thanks to YOU building Miss Lace so beutifully in the Kid GB :winkgrin:

Sorry, off-topic, nothing Heller in this post :coolio:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Pat, at this moment my hands shake too much from joy and excitement to build anything, because half an hour ago I just, finally, won the Airfix Classic B-17G kit from the e... and with a decent price too :yahoo: :bounce:

That's thanks to YOU building Miss Lace so beutifully in the Kid GB :winkgrin:

Sorry, off-topic, nothing Heller in this post :coolio:

Great news, let me know if you need spare decals @Jinxman made mine and some spares so you are very welcome to them. By the way the instructions are not telling the truth when they want you to paint bits violet  !

Cheers Pat

PS do I need to find you a heller item for this GB ?

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great news, let me know if you need spare decals @Jinxman made mine and some spares so you are very welcome to them. By the way the instructions are not telling the truth when they want you to paint bits violet  !

Cheers Pat

PS do I need to find you a heller item for this GB ?

Ah no Miss Lace for me, although I have a set of Hasegawa decals for her too - I try to keep loyal to the 381st Bomb Group!

Thanks for your generous offer, again, but I do have the Heller Fieseler Fi 156 Storch just waiting to be built :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, vppelt68 said:

2020-10-19_03-19-54

I've built the Le Mans cars and they are nice little kits.

23703378668_6aa3918079_z.jpgDSCF8965 (2) by timothy jones, on Flickr

I haven't built any of the F1 cars but I do have them in the stash.

• Like 1

Well if the price is right a nice addition to the collection and all for a good cause I was tempted but the missus would cut my appendage's

off! Actually some canny kits for offer by the same seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-x-Heller-Scale-1-72-Model-Aircrafts-Thunderbolt-Sabre-Ouragan-Boxed-254/164465801431?hash=item264aecf8d7:g:mu0AAOSwEOhfkuFJ

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Well if the price is right a nice addition to the collection and all for a good cause I was tempted but the missus would cut my appendage's

off! Actually some canny kits for offer by the same seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-x-Heller-Scale-1-72-Model-Aircrafts-Thunderbolt-Sabre-Ouragan-Boxed-254/164465801431?hash=item264aecf8d7:g:mu0AAOSwEOhfkuFJ

Must... not... buy... more... kits...

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Must... not... buy... more... kits...

Tell me about it! I need this GB to run for at least two years now as I've mysteriously gone from owning a modest Heller stash, to owning half of France.

(Guess who just bought another 10 today. Yikes!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Tell me about it! I need this GB to run for at least two years now as I've mysteriously gone from owning a modest Heller stash, to owning half of France.

(Guess who just bought another 10 today. Yikes!)

“Sad” because that’s 10 that I can’t buy...

11 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Whut?!

What did you get?

Got to think now as they're currently on route. Spit Mk Ia, Hurricane, Corsair, two He-112s, Fw-190, Nieuport-Delage, Potez 631, Potez 63-11 and an MS-225. Not a bad haul for £20.

• Like 3

Just now, rob Lyttle said:

Heller Kits, of course ‼️😀

The Heller Fairy strikes again.. 🧚‍♀️🇫🇷🧚‍♂️🎊

That Heller fairy has cost me a packet over the last few months. I do love it though. Vive la fée magique Heller!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Got to think now as they're currently on route. Spit Mk Ia, Hurricane, Corsair, two He-112s, Fw-190, Nieuport-Delage, Potez 631, Potez 63-11 and an MS-225. Not a bad haul for £20.

I am in awe.

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

I vote for a GB extension already! 

That's a great collection of Heller goodness, there's some real gems in that lot. 

Cheers and well done... Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1