Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

should hope so John

I have become so distracted by non-modeling activities that I am a bit overwhelmed.  I think I need to finish the 3 builds I have now and then dive into new projects...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I have become so distracted by non-modeling activities that I am a bit overwhelmed.  I think I need to finish the 3 builds I have now and then dive into new projects...

Me also. Just moved house. An AW Atalanta vac to finish by Thursday, Heinkel 111 Sat 25th, Conversion of a Marauder to Highball to get properly stuck into, paint and finish Whitley with Deerhound engines, Two Junkers F 13s to do final finishing off - and a four bedroom house to decorate.

My Bloch 200 arrived yesterday so will look into that soon for this Heller build !

• Like 2

Yep @Adrian Hills, when the chips are down and life and modelling seem to be insurmountable challenges, what better way to answer the call then by starting another plastic kit!  So C’mon my friend... what ya waiting for? 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

This one is for Rabbit Leader (David). My kit has arrived and by Thursday I will have finished my 1/144 Vac Atalanta and will start my TV Reconnaissance build thread.

IMG_2710

Lovely. Had my eye in that one for a while (the Amiot 143's equally dowdy sister) do I'll be following your build with interest. Mind if I ask what schemes the kit offers?

The Amiot decided to undersling its bus shelter, the Bloch put it out in front, when you think about it, the Loire 130 just put a hull on it...

...all this from the country that went on to produce the Mirage series, quite baffling really.

• Haha 2

TonyOD, as this is a conversion with a cut away showing TV recon gear too busy a paint job might aesthetically detract from the focus of the subject. However, I’m yet to be persuaded as the multi-colour scheme suggested in the kit looks most attractive 😊

• Like 1

Great going @Adrian Hills. I have to say, out of all of Heller’s ‘block nosed’ bombers, this Bloch 210 would be one I’d consider tackling myself. We still haven’t seen too many of these newly boxed classic kits down under and am sure I’d snap one up if one presented itself at my LHS. Good luck and all the best juggling everything on your plate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

2 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

This one is for Rabbit Leader (David). My kit has arrived and by Thursday I will have finished my 1/144 Vac Atalanta and will start my TV Reconnaissance build thread.

IMG_2710

I have this on order, in case I can't reach "Stash B", where I have a 30-year old Heller Humbrol boxing, molded in lovely shade of green ...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, klr said:

I have this on order, in case I can't reach "Stash B", where I have a 30-year old Heller Humbrol boxing, molded in lovely shade of green ...

The very concept of having stash so deep that some of it simply can’t be reached... 😳

• Haha 2

Just now, TonyOD said:

The very concept of having stash so deep that some of it simply can’t be reached... 😳

Another one of those 1st World problems that many members on here can relate too! 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Well, that is indeed the case with some of that stash, but due to COVID-19, the entire edifice is currently unreachable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, klr said:

Well, that is indeed the case with some of that stash, but due to COVID-19, the entire edifice is currently unreachable.

Ah, I see. One of the many and various hardships imposed by the pandemic...

On 04/10/2020 at 21:07, JOCKNEY said:

Forgive the muppetry on my part I meant to say 5th page, after all the post above is 2 days old now !  :whistle:

Cheers Pat

Dear o dear

Did I say 5th page, well I can only apologise yet again !

We are now on our 6th page, one can only wonder how many pages of builds this remarkable GB will have. :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

A further delivery from Messrs. Kingkit. The Revell Arado is a 1991 reboxing, there was a Heller Humbrol option but I went with the newer Revell for the sake of a safer bet with the decals. 

I need to have a word now, it's getting silly. Although building every 1/72 Heller original seems a doable, if formidable, project.

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 4

On 13/10/2020 at 14:22, Ventora3300 said:

OMG - I do remembering promising this one - I'll need to get the Battle of Britain finished before starting Operation Rheinübung, half of it anyway!

7Ogtq2q.jpg

You're going to make a banana?

Scurries of to the Carbonel book to see which scale the banane was released in and whether the kit is eligible...

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Wez said:

You're going to make a banana?

Scurries of to the Carbonel book to see which scale the banane was released in and whether the kit is eligible...

Sorry was that eligible or edible  ?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry was that eligible or edible  ?

Depends upon the colour scheme, green into yellow = edible, yellow with brown spots = inedible (I don't like 'em too ripe).

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 7:25 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

... I have to say, out of all of Heller’s ‘block nosed’ bombers, this Bloch 210 would be one I’d consider tackling myself. We still haven’t seen too many of these newly boxed classic kits down under and am sure I’d snap one up if one presented itself at my LHS. 

There was one at your local internet hobby shop that you frequent but like the Mistral you were too slow and missed out on it!  

1 minute ago, Rob S said:

There was one at your local internet hobby shop that you frequent but like the Mistral you were too slow and missed out on it!  

How did you hear about the Mistral?  Oh, I know.. word get out quick! 

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

How did you hear about the Mistral?  Oh, I know.. word get out quick! 

Ah!  I am all Powerful and nothing escapes my attention!  

(And it pays associate with those who grew up in the War but never learnt that “Loose Lips sink Ships!”). 

• Haha 1