Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

On 02/10/2020 at 23:10, JOCKNEY said:

I do apologise, make that 4 pages of builds before GMT kick off time ! :surprised:

Cheers Pat

Forgive the muppetry on my part I meant to say 5th page, after all the post above is 2 days old now !  :whistle:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

We have one (1!) weekend of building behind us and we're at 94 builds... Wow... Lots of aircraft of course, but the numbers in other categories are not disappointing. It's hard to keep track of everything but I've seen some epic builds already!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JeroenS said:

We have one (1!) weekend of building behind us and we're at 94 builds...

.....and this is taking into account the fact that most companies like Kaspersky, AVZ, Antivir, Avast, Dr.Web and others look with very great suspicion* at such topics:

😉😁

* - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_(computing)

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Note: it was Patrice who said it!

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

But we were all thinking it...  

Indeed. However, I am not sure the Rafale kit would be eligible for the GB. It seems a good bit modern to me. Mind you, anything without a propeller on the front (or back) is modern to me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Indeed. However, I am not sure the Rafale kit would be eligible for the GB. It seems a good bit modern to me. Mind you, anything without a propeller on the front (or back) is modern to me.

It wouldn’t. Early 90s that one. 😁

12 hours ago, TonyOD said:

It wouldn’t. Early 90s that one. 😁

First issued in 1990 I believe and shocked to comprehend that that was 30 years ago!  It only seems like yesterday when I bought it as soon as it was released. 

Will be eligible for Classic Heller Group Build 3 or 4 in 2025/6. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Will be eligible for Classic Heller Group Build 3 or 4 in 2025/6.

I thought it might end up in French Fancy 2 if it makes the cut!

I've just taken delivery of yet another kit for the GB, a recent re issue of the Potez 63. Building will have to wait a bit, there's others in front of it.

The box top looks a bit good though, bigger than the first issue one and very striking. I've attacked it a bit by opening it up and painting out the Heller blurbs. With a bit of luck I'll be able to iron out the two horizontal creases enough to be able to possibly frame the picture.

It would have probably been easier to scan it and do the work in Photoshop but it was nice to do a bit of real world painting for a half hour or so.

20201006-084741.jpg

20201006-101837.jpg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I thought it might end up in French Fancy 2 if it makes the cut!

Probably not allowed as when modelled had GE F404 Engines so not all French!  Ha ha ha!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyW said:

It would have probably been easier to scan it and do the work in Photoshop but it was nice to do a bit of real world painting for a half hour or so.

VERY MUCH the correct choice 😎‼️

You don't get Art by doing "easier". 

What, and print it with inkjet on flimsy paper? 

No way..... What you got there is the genuine artifact. 

Nicely done, Tony! 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only four days into the group build and a hundred build threads already!

I'm gobsmacked!  Thanks to all for participating and those of you yet to start, we eagerly await your build threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bonjour!

OK, sorry I'm late to the party. I was going to try the Alpha Jet, but now I see that there are already two on the list. So, I'm going to attempt one that I don't see anyone has picked: the Gloster Javelin T.3.

Question though: is this an original Heller kit? I found a few ambiguous threads (including one on Britmodeller..) that imply that this was originally an Airfix kit. Is it? Anyway, it's in a Heller/Humbrol box, so I'm starting a GB thread! 

Dave G.

• Like 1

Let's play "Guess if they are Modellers or Serial Killers" :

50432451532_49cb168d5f_k.jpg

Look like likely Classic Heller Model Builders to me but then again like Murray Walker I could be completely mistaken! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, SledDawg said:

Bonjour!

OK, sorry I'm late to the party. I was going to try the Alpha Jet, but now I see that there are already two on the list. So, I'm going to attempt one that I don't see anyone has picked: the Gloster Javelin T.3.

Question though: is this an original Heller kit? I found a few ambiguous threads (including one on Britmodeller..) that imply that this was originally an Airfix kit. Is it? Anyway, it's in a Heller/Humbrol box, so I'm starting a GB thread! 

Dave G.

It is a Heller original, and Airfix reboxed it. Great pick, I’ll be following as I have it in the stash 😁

Edited by TonyOD

12 minutes ago, SledDawg said:

OK, sorry I'm late to the party. I was going to try the Alpha Jet, but now I see that there are already two on the list.

Thats ok there are usually more than one or two of the same types/kits in a build. Thats part of the fun to see what different people can do with the same starting point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob S said:

Let's play "Guess if they are Modellers or Serial Killers" :

50432451532_49cb168d5f_k.jpg

Look like likely Classic Heller Model Builders to me but then again like Murray Walker I could be completely mistaken! 

Interesting photograph Rob! 

With receding hairlines, they both look like plastic modellers, however the chap on the left seems a little too thin for that hobby. The odd looking bloke masquerading in a Qantas shirt does show some uncanny similarities to that suave British Actor Robert Shaw from the Battle of Britain Movie, but I’d put money on Serial Killer, especially if he misses out on that next Heller online sale. Buy the way.. say hi to @Graeme H for me the next time you visit him... his parole must be coming up soon! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2