Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

26 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous over more than a few of them. 😉

Me too!

It just makes me realise just how many good kits Heller produced and what's more how many of them I've made/owned.

Edited by Wez
speelung

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous over more than a few of them. 😉

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Me too!

It just makes me realise just how many good kits Heller produced and what's more how many of them I've made/owned.

I've now updated the list to include any Heller kits that I only have in someone else's box. Most of these are Smer. One of the happiest moments in my modelling life is when I walked into a model shop in in the later 1990s, and saw a whole pile of Smer kits, that were obviously re-boxes of Heller kits I'd been trying to get for nigh on 20 years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else want to join the multitude (there's over 60 of us)?

It's this year's Classic GB so you know there'll be something in the stash that's suitable, go on, you'll enjoy it!

On 09/02/2020 at 21:21, Wez said:

It's this year's Classic GB so you know there'll be something in the stash that's suitable, go on, you'll enjoy it!

Hi @Wez, you could place a "wanted" add over in the vehicle section? I see some Heller kits passing through there frequently, but I don't know if all vehicle builders are aware of the group builds section and how much fun it actually is! I'm currently in my first GB (the Nordic one) and I was pulled into it by the GB host who placed a call in the vehicle section. Of course, I'd be willing to put up an add myself there if that's ok?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Hi @Wez, you could place a "wanted" add over in the vehicle section? I see some Heller kits passing through there frequently, but I don't know if all vehicle builders are aware of the group builds section and how much fun it actually is! I'm currently in my first GB (the Nordic one) and I was pulled into it by the GB host who placed a call in the vehicle section. Of course, I'd be willing to put up an add myself there if that's ok?

@Wezis on the case with this including boats and armoured vehicles but has some exams to study for which he is supposed to be focused on ! 😁

Isnt it great mate, you come on here to get a break from revision and yet theres no escape 😉

cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, Wez said:

I'll probably join with some of their 1/35 French Colonial troops. I have that big box with a few of the figure sets and a big vacuformed desert base included.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Well...

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

@Wezis on the case with this including boats and armoured vehicles but has some exams to study for which he is supposed to be focused on ! 😁

Isnt it great mate, you come on here to get a break from revision and yet theres no escape 😉

cheers Pat 

...what he said (thanks for the support Pat).

I'll scurry along and put my begging bowl out in the forums :D

Just now, Ted said:

I'll probably join with some of their 1/35 French Colonial troops. I have that big box with a few of the figure sets and a big vacuformed desert base included.

Oooh!  Figures!  I never knew they did those, that's another forum to go and mither.

Shall I add you to the list Ted?

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2019 at 22:01, SAU said:

I've got this book with part of it, approx. 24 pages of kits, art.no. and release time

Jan,

Could you tell me when the 1/24th Peugeot 205 kit was first released?  I'm sure I can find another victim joiner if it was before 1986!

@JosephLalor regarding your question in the other forum, the CL-415 was a modification of the existing CL-215 from 1980, I think it could be eligible although I still think the CL-215 looks better...   ...just sayin' right!:whistle:

3 minutes ago, Wez said:

Jan,

Could you tell me when the 1/24th Peugeot 205 kit was first released?  I'm sure I can find another victim joiner if it was before 1986!

@JosephLalor regarding your question in the other forum, the CL-415 was a modification of the existing CL-215 from 1980, I think it could be eligible although I still think the CL-215 looks better...   ...just sayin' right!:whistle:

Well the start of the GB is 9 months away and it'll last for about 6 months.  With a bit of luck even I might get organised enough to build both of them, prioritising on the -215. Then again, I've been saying one day I'll be organised for the last 30 years!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

Well the start of the GB is 9 months away and it'll last for about 6 months.

4 months Joseph, 4 months, you really do need to get organised!

• Haha 1

Just looking in rumourmonger section at the toy fair announcement big re release program from Heller before the GB starts,unrelated I'm hoping to have something

quite interesting and unplanned for this GB more later................................

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Just looking in rumourmonger section at the toy fair announcement big re release program from Heller before the GB starts,unrelated I'm hoping to have something

quite interesting and unplanned for this GB more later................................

Good man, something Connie or DC-6 shaped by chance?

Good to have those old moulds back, looking forward to the new Alpha Jet too!

Now whilst we're at it, anyone else interested in taking part in this GB?

On 12/02/2020 at 20:16, Wez said:

Jan,

Hi Wez

It must be the first Heller Bobkit Peugeot 205 Turbo 16.

Année création 1986 as they say in the foreign language.

Maybe a bit late but I think the decals are from Tour the Corse '84

19 hours ago, SAU said:

Hi Wez

It must be the first Heller Bobkit Peugeot 205 Turbo 16.

Année création 1986 as they say in the foreign language.

Maybe a bit late but I think the decals are from Tour the Corse '84

Thanks for looking Jan, I guess that one is out :(

1 minute ago, TonyW said:

I'm a bit early on the grid, but I'm sat here with my motor running, just waiting for the off...

To while away the time until the flag drops, I've been doing a few Heller related things. First up, I've started collecting Heller catalogues. A job lot of sixteen (!) turned up on ebay a while back. They took three weeks to get here from Italy, but it was worth the wait. Here's a few of them...

IMG-0636.jpg

The artwork is simply stunning. The contents are every bit as good.

Heller is a bit of a new field for me, I missed them first time around but I'm making up lost ground and enjoying things like you wouldn't believe. Check out the 1969 cover artwork...

Heller1969.jpg

It just screams out 1960's to me. 

I've also been building a few bases out of old picture frames for some of my built kits to sit on. These three got build over the weekend.

IMG-0634.jpg

Roll on October!

Tony.

• Like 8

Nice collection Tony, both the models and the catalogues. :thumbsup2:

That catalogue cover showing the sports car at Le Mans is just so...   ...French.

When October comes around my studies will be finished, that's what I'm looking forward to the most but this GB will be the icing on the cake!

Edited by Wez
  • Thanks 1

Having signed up for this, I have the problem of choosing which kit(s) to build. An inspection of the 'loft insulation' hasn't helped too much as I haven't come across several candidates that I know are lurking up there. These include the 1/125 Boeing 727, 737, 747, Concorde and 1/50? Cessna 150 and Rallye. Others, such as the 125th 707, DC-8 and DC-10 look to have certain issues, my TriStar is missing some engine parts, and the A320 and A380 are too recent. All of which leaves these as possible/likely options.                                                                I did find 6 other cars that had slipped my mind though....    Davespacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, halcyonjet said:

Having signed up for this, I have the problem of choosing which kit(s) to build. An inspection of the 'loft insulation' hasn't helped too much as I haven't come across several candidates that I know are lurking up there. These include the 1/125 Boeing 727, 737, 747, Concorde and 1/50? Cessna 150 and Rallye. Others, such as the 125th 707, DC-8 and DC-10 look to have certain issues, my TriStar is missing some engine parts, and the A320 and A380 are too recent. All of which leaves these as possible/likely options.                                                                I did find 6 other cars that had slipped my mind though....    Dave

Wow Dave, you've got some interesting stuff there for sure, I like the Mercure because of its curiosity value but the stand out for me is that Leyland Princess.

Whatever you choose will be very welcome.

• Like 2