Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Wez

Heller Classic GB 3 Oct 2020 - 24 Jan 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, richellis said:

Could I join with the 1/24 scania 141?

Rich,

 

You're more than welcome!  I'd quite forgotten that Heller had done some trucks so it would be good to see one of these especially after the cracking job you did with your ERF in te Brits Abroad GB.

 

So we're one step closer, anyone else want to join in?

 

The rules are simple, it has to be a Heller mould, it can be in somebody else's box but the moulding has to be a Heller original!  Somebody else's mould in a Heller box isn't eligible I'm afraid.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for a mid-week bump!

 

I can't believe there's only 25 of us with Heller moulded kits in the stash out there...  ...come and join us!

Edited by Wez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Still deciding on my subject matter for this build, I am tending toward the L749 Connie at this stage.

I too have an L749 Connie, very temping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, twist my arm.... I hope I have recovered my enthusiasm for modelling by the time this starts!  🤣

 

I have some 36 Heller kits listed in my kit database, so I'm sure I can pull out something different to everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

OK, twist my arm.... I hope I have recovered my enthusiasm for modelling by the time this starts!  🤣

 

I have some 36 Heller kits listed in my kit database, so I'm sure I can pull out something different to everyone else. 

Paul,

 

Thank you for signing up and I hope your enthusiasm returns, it certainly appears you have plenty to choose from!

 

Now then, anyone else out there want to join in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Bradley said:

I have some unusual stuff, so I might set up a poll to ask GB'ers what they'd like to see me build.

It's fair to say that Heller had plenty of unusual stuff in their inventory, I'm sure the poll itself will be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to give this another push!

 

There has to be plenty of you out there with Heller kits in your stash (although you may not know they're Heller moulds).

 

If it's a Heller kit in in an Airfix, Encore, SMER, Revell or more besides, even a Heller box, it's welcome, it just has to be a Heller mould, it's welcome.

 

Search your stashes and then join us for the Heller GB in 2020!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2018 at 12:35, Wez said:

Heller made some classic kits back in the day and many of them are around today in other guises, (SMER, Encore, Airfix, Buzco and even Starfix amongst others), as well has Heller's own boxings, the only stipulation is that it has to be an original Heller mould, so an Airfix kit in a Heller box would count

 

Dont't forget the SMER repops!

 

BTW I'm in :)

 

Coincidentally I'm building a Heller 1/72 T-33. It's a nice kit with correct shapes - this being the most important part of a kit :)

 

Cheers, Moggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moggy said:

Dont't forget the SMER repops!

 

BTW I'm in :)

 

Coincidentally I'm building a Heller 1/72 T-33. It's a nice kit with correct shapes - this being the most important part of a kit :)

 

Cheers, Moggy

Thanks for signing up Moggy and welcome!

 

I had mentioned SMER, it's easy to get lost with the Heller moulds as they seem to pop up all over the place.

 

Totally agree about the importance of correctness of shape - BTW, how is the Heller Lansen for shape?

 

Anyone else want to join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wez said:

Totally agree about the importance of correctness of shape - BTW, how is the Heller Lansen for shape?

 

 

Beautiful! perfect lines great kit - I've built 5 of them (three for a quiz television program to use as props :) )

 

Cheers, Moggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, Moggy said:

Beautiful! perfect lines great kit - I've built 5 of them (three for a quiz television program to use as props :) )

Sounds an interesting story. Care to share more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great subject for a group build! I'm in with a number of old classics: 1/72 Saab Draken, 1/43 Leyland Rover 3500 and at least one of their Saab J 21, Safir, Tunnan and Viggen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did I miss this!

 

Sign me up! Heller is still one of my favourite manufacturers, ever since I discovered them as a spotty yoof in 1981. I've got piles of old Heller kits to choose from, so I'll have a rummage. Also, work is calming down, so I might actually be able to finally find the time to properly take part in a group build.

 

A few of my old favourite Heller kits that would top my list, and that I know I have in the stash;

 

PZL P.23

PZL P.11

Polikarpov i.153

Heller SAAB J21

Spitfire XVI

Bf 109K 4

Bf 109 B

T 6G Texan

Bf 108

....Or anything French and super fugly. Spoilt for choice there!

 

All of my stash is either 60s, 70s, with most being the Heller "Black Boxes". I have a big soft spot for those.

 

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, CliffB said:

The name 'Starfix' seems to invoke a mixture of laughter and derision when mentioned on this forum.  I've got a couple in my stash - both are Heller re-pops :winkgrin:

 

Hmmmm? A Starfix group build? That would sort the men from the boys. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

 

Hmmmm? A Starfix group build? That would sort the men from the boys. 🤔

Well that’s one way to make us feel a lot younger! 

 

Cheers.. Dave (who’s sure to end up in the ‘boy’ category) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2018 at 21:52, Bjorn said:

Great subject for a group build! I'm in with a number of old classics: 1/72 Saab Draken, 1/43 Leyland Rover 3500 and at least one of their Saab J 21, Safir, Tunnan and Viggen. 

All great subjects and all very welcome, thanks for signing up Bjorn

20 hours ago, fightersweep said:

How did I miss this!

 

Sign me up! Heller is still one of my favourite manufacturers, ever since I discovered them as a spotty yoof in 1981. I've got piles of old Heller kits to choose from, so I'll have a rummage. Also, work is calming down, so I might actually be able to finally find the time to properly take part in a group build.

 

A few of my old favourite Heller kits that would top my list, and that I know I have in the stash;

 

PZL P.23

PZL P.11

Polikarpov i.153

Heller SAAB J21

Spitfire XVI

Bf 109K 4

Bf 109 B

T 6G Texan

Bf 108

....Or anything French and super fugly. Spoilt for choice there!

 

All of my stash is either 60s, 70s, with most being the Heller "Black Boxes". I have a big soft spot for those.

 

Steve

Steve, thank you too for signing up, I think I have all of those in my stash or certainly had them at time or another.

20 hours ago, fightersweep said:

 

Hmmmm? A Starfix group build? That would sort the men from the boys. 🤔

Crazy fool! :nono:

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well that’s one way to make us feel a lot younger! 

 

Cheers.. Dave (who’s sure to end up in the ‘boy’ category) 

I'm with you Dave!

 

So does anyone else want to join the Heller GB for 2020, we only need one more and then I can go cap in hand to Enzo asking for a slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2018 at 20:04, Col. said:

Sounds an interesting story. Care to share more?

Well then:

 

There's a very popular quiz program on Swedish TV (SVT) called På Spåret (On Rails).

Questions are based on images from rail trips plus some theme questions... and this section include a question with actual props relative to the question, Thus we at IPMS Göteborg were asked to help making Viggens, Lansens and Drakens -three of each.

It was specified not to have any breakable parts - hence closed landing gear.

I did the Lansens:

 

LsWRJWj.jpg

HdHyo4p.jpg

slNfANr.jpg

 

Sorry for the stinky pictures :(

 

This took 10 hours assembly line-style

 

Cheers, Moggy (maker of interesting TV-props ;) )

Edited by Moggy
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2018 at 20:42, Moggy said:

There's a very popular quiz program on Swedish TV (SVT) called På Spåret (On Rails).

Questions are based on images from rail trips plus some theme questions... and this section include a question with actual props relative to the question, Thus we at IPMS Göteborg were asked to help making Viggens, Lansens and Drakens -three of each.

It was specified not to have any breakable parts - hence closed landing gear.

I did the Lansens:

 

Nice work Moggy!  I'm sure they would have been very effective props and it pleases me that I never sold my Lansen kit back in the day.

 

Does anyone else want to join in?

 

The rules are simple, the kit has to be a Heller mould but it doesn't matter whose box it's in, but, somebody else's mould in a Heller box is ineligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heller, yeah!  One of my favourite manufacturers, so count me in!

 

I might have one or two in the stash. I did a small inventory and found these, black boxes with  the right classic logo  🤗

 

32472282358_929fdf9aa0_b.jpg by Jan H, auf Flickr

 

...upps, I found a stray one, a non-starter from the Airacobra GB

43571125354_bebfd88726_b.jpg by Jan H, auf Flickr

 

And if thats not enough, more newer boxes and reboxes from Encore, Revell and Smer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAU said:

I might have one or two in the stash. I did a small inventory and found these, black boxes with  the right classic logo  🤗

 

32472282358_929fdf9aa0_b.jpg by Jan H, auf Flickr

 

...upps, I found a stray one, a non-starter from the Airacobra GB

43571125354_bebfd88726_b.jpg by Jan H, auf Flickr

Im jealous theres at least 1/2 dozen or more in that collection that id love to get my hands on. 😉

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SAU said:

Heller, yeah!  One of my favourite manufacturers, so count me in!

 

I might have one or two in the stash. I did a small inventory and found these, black boxes with  the right classic logo  🤗

Jan,

 

Thank you for signing up, you've pushed us over the threshold!

 

Looking at that stash I can Identify about four kits that I haven't had but otherwise I've hamfistedly stuck most of them together or they still appear in my stash waiting to be butchered built, you certainly have plenty of choice.

 

@Enzo Matrix can this one be put through for 2020?

 

Anyone else want to join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...