Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

@Enzo Matrix

Seriously here too. Totally agree! There seems to be so much love for classic kits and the nostalgia they evoke. I've been building and collecting classic kits for years now, and out of all the kits I could buy, I get the most enjoyment out of the classics I build. I would be up for any heritage GB.

Steve

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Joking aside, this thread just indicates how much love there is for classic kits and why we should have a Heritage GB every year, 

And thanks to you Enzo, we do. I’ve been a little dormant around BM so far this year, however there’s nothing like a Classic kit GB to get me all excited bashing both coloured plastic and keyboard. 

I think the original idea for these GB’s was for one to revisit their stash, dust off an old kit box and reduce their pile by building something. I can honestly say the reverse happens in my case. I’ll end up seeing a great WIP thread of a subject I wouldn’t previously given a second look at and within months added another 15-20 kits to the stash! 

So much for the saying ‘I’m just buying ‘New Tools’ this year!This GB is gonna be massive and I dare say will break all previous GB records in no time. 

Happy Heller modelling folks! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

This GB is gonna be massive and I dare say will break all previous GB records in no time. 

Every Heritage GB that we have run in recent years has broken the forum software.  I see no reason why this should be any different!  :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Every Heritage GB that we have run in recent years has broken the forum software.  I see no reason why this should be any different!  :lol: 

Which also means there’s no need for an end of GB Poll. Now even though I do like voting for the GB’s best build, I also think that it may detract some folk from entering these popular events. In my book, I feel like a winner just finishing a build so hopefully we’ll see a bunch of newbie GB’ers having lots of fun... it’s not like @Wez hasn’t canvassed enough interest over the last few months! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Aaaand we are 3 shy of having 100 participants! I don't know about you but I like big numbers 🙂

• Like 2

I intend to hopefully join in if I have time.

I have some F-86s and Vampire FB5 as well as some other kits to choose from

edited at 08.26, 20th

A different thought.

I have the 1/24 W.O. Bentley 4 1/2 L. 

This might be the time to build it

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

edited at 08.26, 20th

A different thought.

The Bentley is eminently eligible first being released in 1981.

Likewise the Vampire and Sabre would also be very welcome.

Do you want me to add you to the list?

Anyone else interested in taking part in this GB? I think we could squeeze a few more in...???

11 hours ago, Black Knight said:

edited at 08.26, 20th

A different thought.

I'm doing the Bentley too :happy: Would be great so see another (I'll start after you and bag the tips :wink: )

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

spacer.png

It's so blooooo !

I love that!

Scene at the Heller factory:

Claude: ”Marcel, il y a un problème énorme. On n’a que de la plastique BLOO!

Marcel: [shrugs gallically] “Bof.” [Presses button]

• Haha 6

@TonyOD

....Alternatively, the scene could have seen Léo Jahiel at a Heller board meeting, thumping his clenched fist on the boardroom table and declaring: "Nos maquettes doivent être du BLOO français. Moi, les actionnaires et les Français l'exigent!"

• Haha 3

MY EYES!

My version was in a paler blue (mercifully)!

Can I recommend Reverso for those wanting to translate some words into/from French.

In the meantime I think I can find an SBC-4 in the hoard, decals were shot when I bought it but I have some replacements...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Wez said:

Can I recommend Reverso for those wanting to translate some words into/from French.

I might do my entire WIP in French. My build is going to be as French as Sacha Distel playing pétanque with Brigitte Bardot in the middle of the Champs Elysées. 

Edited by TonyOD
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I might do my entire WIP in French. My build is going to be as French as Sacha Distel playing pétanque with Brigitte Bardot in the middle of the Champs Elysées. 

Hopefully with guest appearances from Françoise Hardy and Serge Gainsborough crooning their way across the Place de la Concorde whilst Catherine Deneuve and Alain Delon chase each other around Montmartre in Citroën DS in a desparate attempt to prove they're not in a manage à trois with Jacques Cousteau?

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Or Jane Birkin riding a bicycle over the cobbled streets of Montmartre to her little chocolat shop. Darn, Wez is in in front of me! 

Scope for some dioramas here ‼️😎

Now there's a thought!  Jane Birkin is British BTW.

Moving swiftly on...

... If, and only if I can find the Helldiver, replacement decals and aftermarket goodies such as resin or PE are permissible in this GB, we want the kits built not languishing in your precious hoards!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wez said:

Do you want me to add you to the list?

well, if you really must. Just to help get the name list past the 100

8 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

I'm doing the Bentley too :happy: Would be great so see another (I'll start after you and bag the tips :wink: )

ah, no pressure on me then. But don't hold your breath cos I'll be slow on it. At this moment I'm not even sure where I have it stored

Checking my stash spread sheet I find I have a 1/24 BMW 328. IIRC its slightly started, but not much, it might be well under the 25% rule if that applies in this GB?

Next though, is to find it as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

At this moment I'm not even sure where I have it stored

I love it when people talk about their Stash in these terms. I took this picture a couple of weeks ago when I was a little short on cupboard space and had to re-arrange some stuff... This is my entire stash, so small it fits in one picture (taken from 3 feet away and not with a fish-eye lens from way back 😉)

20200921080743-b10441d5-me.jpg

But don't worry, I'm happy with it 🙂 ... I intend to actually BUILD THEM ALL 😆

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Black Knight said:

well, if you really must. Just to help get the name list past the 100

:hmmm:It was more about making it easier for the keeper of our spreadsheet (oh yes, we definitely need to have one of those)!  A hundred eh?  I hadn't realised we'd gotten that big :whistle:

6 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Checking my stash spread sheet I find I have a 1/24 BMW 328. IIRC its slightly started, but not much, it might be well under the 25% rule if that applies in this GB?

The 25% rule still applies, the BMW was originally released in 1982 and would be very welcome!

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

... I intend to actually BUILD THEM ALL 

:rolleyes: We ALL intend to build them all Jeroen, that's how it starts...   ...I can't remember when my collection was that teeny-tiny!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

I love it when people talk about their Stash in these terms. . . . 

Unfortunately my stash is currently at 4 locations, each with its own post code

About 35 % at my flat, 45% at a storage unit and the other 20% split between two places, that portion is moving from one into the other to make one but C-19 has put a hold on that

• Like 1