Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Which one did Quantas use ?

Its probably still at the back of the hanger Dave under a big tarpaulin  !

Both.... and it's QANTAS! 

Not that anything much is flying these days.. (tear tear cry cry). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

OK then.... how about the Super Connie?? surely post 86? 

Cheers.. Dave

He, he, he!  When in a hole stop digging.

1985 apparently, which by the rules I've set means it's eligible.  Get it made Dave!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Retrospective article about Heller models:

"Retrospective review Heller aircraft, part 1":

http://scalemodels.ru/articles/14163-retroobzor-samoletov-Heller-chast-1.html

discussion on forum:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_81783.html

My own a penny

about Heller.

Although I have a negative attitude towards the demonstration of luftwaffe 2WW aircraft after 2014, this model Heller Bf.109K made by me for a money long time ago (mid 90 year) , was on display at the local museum, so its photo can be found on the Internet (I actually downloaded these photos of my model from the Internet! 😲😁) Therefore I don’t see the point  do not meaning no posting these photos here:

P5021093.jpg

P5021088.jpg

P5021087.jpg

Don't remember, I probably something maked in cocpit this model .....hand-made seamless belts? side parts of the interior cockpit? gun slight?...but I remember exactly that I rescribing 

panels line (it's see on photo) and made new cover main wheel bay.

Camouflage was mix Humbrol and Revell enamel. 

I agree with  what is written in the article at the link above:

"19. Bf-109K-4.  With laps on the hood, a pleasant layout.  Very similar to yourself, IMHO

In geometry I think not bad.  Now the "K" from AZ are inexpensive and quite decent for their money.  It makes sense to collect, if you have it for a long time and  with aftermarket."

A very nice model to build ..... or is it because then I was younger and the trees were big? 😁

It's funny to see when the models you made change their owners, appear at exhibitions .... in general, they live their own lives.

B.R.

Serge

P.S. 

Heller in USSR?

First of all, it was the cruiser "Aurora" and the icebreaker "Lenin" of the mould that Heller did, but we learned about this later.  And second it was SMER who was first taken in small quantities from Czechoslovakia with tourists, military e.t.c., and then exchanged in large quantities by mail.

My first Heller?

Ofcource it's was Avia CS-92 from SMER which was Me-262B  in Heller girlhood. 😁

I still have a decal and instructions from him.😎

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday afternoon bump for this one.

Room for more inside, the rules are simple:

Original Heller moulds  up until including 1985 are welcome, it doesn't matter whose box they're in (SMER, KP, Airfix, Lodela, Revell, Buzco just to name a few who've issued Heller moulds in their boxes), they're welcome.  Original Heller moulds in newer Heller boxes are also welcome.

Non Heller moulds in Heller boxes aren't welcome however, it's all about Heller this one!

There's plenty of subjects in the Heller pantheon, ships, submarines, cars, motorbikes, trucks, AFVs and lots of aircraft, go and search your stash, I'm sure you've got something that fits the bill, come and join us in October.

11 hours ago, Orso said:

I am sure that I still have some SAAB-planes left in the stash when the GB starts so I am aiming to do one.

Good man!  Welcome along.

Room for more to join this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2020 at 13:15, Rabbit Leader said:

Hunf... Let me go searching then... but I’m not promis’n nuff’n! 

Cheers.. Dave

Any news on that Super Connie, Dave ?

I suppose you have an advantage that you can borrow an engine hoist from work to lift the wings on

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Any news on that Super Connie, Dave ?

Not yet, still looking Pat, however after struggling to finish my Lanc I’m not sure I want to build something even larger for another GB? I’ll see what turns up, those that I’ve tracked locally are rather expensive for what they are. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, lewis25049 said:

I have nothing suitable in the stash, but have been eyeing off the Tasman Models boxing of the DH 89 Dragon Rapide. Sign me up, and I'll go spending!

I have one of those, it's a lovely kit and would be ideal for this GB.

Welcome and thanks for signing up.

Anyone else up for this Classic GB

Any original Heller mould from before 1986 is welcome, it doesn't matter whose box it's in, Heller kits have been released by many others such a Airfix, Buzzkit, Encore, KP, Lodela, Revell and SMER to name few.

Search that stash, you may have something that fits the bill.

3 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez

Will we be allowed to use Resin and PE parts to improve our builds ? for example could i use this Pavla set

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/pavla-models-c72021-at-6-texan-harvard--153300

for the T-6 ?

Best Regards

Patrice

Patrice,

Any after market goodies are allowed, I'm quite aware that people may have kits in the stash that are missing parts or the decals are shot so I'm happy for people to make good with after market.

It's all about the core kit, I'll be using some resin and a vac form canopy on my build as well as after market decals.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Thank you very much Wez

I think that I will also build the Hawker Tempest ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Two fine kits Patrice, I look forward to seeing them in your capable hands.

I think I’d rather like to be a part of this GB, if you’ll have me, as I’ve only just joined the forum. Fancy doing something really obscure...

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Islesy said:

I think I’d rather like to be a part of this GB, if you’ll have me, as I’ve only just joined the forum. Fancy doing something really obscure...

:welcome: to the forums and I'm honoured that you've chosen to join this GB as your first post.  Hopefully you won't regret it.

As you can see by the title, this GB runs from the 3rd of October 2020 to 24th January 2021.  Forgive me if you already know this but you need to post a WIP thread in the GB sub-forum during that time.  Additionally, the general rule is that any model that's previously been started can only be a maximum of 25% complete to be included in the GB.

An additional rule for this GB is that the model has to be from an original Heller mould that was first released prior to 1st Jan 1986, the book Heller - La Maquette à Française by JC Carbonel has a list of these kits, don't worry though, I have the book so you don't need to go out and buy a copy.  The kit can be in any manufacturer's box though, not just a Heller box, Heller moulds have been released by Airfix, Buzzkit, Encore, KP, Lodela, Revell and SMER to name few, but another manufacturer's kit in a Heller box is ineligible.

Heller did a lot of esoteric subjects but if you've got any doubts as to whether it's suitable ask, we can confirm before you commit to buying.

As you can see from the posts earlier today, after market stuff is permitted in this GB.

The whole point is to have fun to a theme.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 14:30, Wez said:

the model has to be from an original Heller mould that was first released prior to 1st Jan 1986, the book Heller - La Maquette à Française by JC Carbonel has a list of these kits,

Have a couple of potentials ready to work on, the BF108B and Caudron Renault 714 (is the Mister Craft kit a Redbox?), but I fancy a Polikarpov I-153 or the Mirage IV in 1:72...

13 minutes ago, Islesy said:

Caudron Renault 714 (is the Mister Craft kit a Redbox?)

Not according to Scalemates, see here.

14 minutes ago, Islesy said:

the BF108B...   ...but I fancy a Polikarpov I-153 or the Mirage IV in 1:72...

All excellent choices, all eligible (I know that without even having to consult the book)!

Anyone else up for this GB?

On 18/06/2020 at 09:55, Rafwaffe said:

Request permission to join. I have a Gladiator that I can build in its (slightly battered) heller box that I’ve had for years...

Old battered boxes are welcome as long as the contents are Heller!

Welcome along and thanks for signing up.

Plenty of room for more, come and join us.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, Islesy said:

Have a couple of potentials ready to work on, the BF108B and Caudron Renault 714 (is the Mister Craft kit a Redbox?), but I fancy a Polikarpov I-153 or the Mirage IV in 1:72...

On 6/13/2020 at 5:10 PM, Wez said:

Not according to Scalemates, see here.

All excellent choices, all eligible (I know that without even having to consult the book)!

Anyone else up for this GB?

Correct, the Mistercraft C.714 is most definitely not the Heller kit.

A hint: Mistercraft generally uses larger 2-part boxes for Heller molds (something to do with the size and number of sprues in a typical Heller kit?). Small "end opening" boxes usually mean someone else, generally inferior to Heller, although the KP-molded Ar 96/Avia C-2 is a nice kit IMHO. However, some kits in those larger boxes that you might think are from Heller, are not, as in the P-40, Javelin and Draken. But the Bf 108, Me 262b, Fi 156, Hurricane IIc, Tempest V, F4U, F6F, P-51D, F-86, Fouga Magister, Bloch 152, MS.406, Dewoitine 520, LeO 451, Breguet 693, Potex 540, Mirage IIIE/5, EC 145*, PZL-23, Yak 3 - they are all Heller.

*This is a relatively new kit, from 2006. I had not realised that Heller kitted the EC 145. Having downloaded the instructions, I can see it's not the Revell kit. One more on my "want" list, either in a Heller or Mistercraft box.

Edited by klr

Early weekend push for this one,

Any original Heller mould from before 1986 is welcome, it doesn't matter whose box it's in, Heller kits have been released by many others such a Airfix, Buzzkit, Encore, KP, Lodela, Revell, SMER and Tasman amongst others.

Aftermarket goodies are allowed too!  So don't worry that the canopy or wheel is missing or the decals are completely shot, that kit sat in your stash can still join this GB!