Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Update:   Just moved it from The Stash to The Ledge, so it will make an appearance in this GB. 

Excellent!

8 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Will have to check how old my Viggen is.

I can assure you, the Viggen is well within the time line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2018 at 2:24 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have a few of their larger boxings...

Boeing 707-320,

Lockheed L749 Constellation,

Lockheed C-121 Warning Star,

Boeing E-3A and

Boeing KC-135 (AMT reboxed)

I am sure some of these will still be lurking in the stash in 2 years time. So count me in as well.

So here we are approaching 2 years later, and I still have these in the stash ready to go and a couple of others so it seems (Mirage F-1B/C, Canadair CL415, DC-6B).

I don't know if it has been mentioned in the previous 5 pages of the thread (I had a quick look but could not find anything) but is there a listing of eligible kits somewhere? I know of Matchbox and Airfix sites or forums that track all the releases. My google foo did not find any sites like that for Heller kits.

Just curious in case I have any more eligible kits available.

6 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

So here we are approaching 2 years later, and I still have these in the stash ready to go and a couple of others so it seems (Mirage F-1B/C, Canadair CL415, DC-6B).

I don't know if it has been mentioned in the previous 5 pages of the thread (I had a quick look but could not find anything) but is there a listing of eligible kits somewhere? I know of Matchbox and Airfix sites or forums that track all the releases. My google foo did not find any sites like that for Heller kits.

Just curious in case I have any more eligible kits available.

Ray,

Any from your original list and the new additions in your post would all be very welcome.

As for a definitive list, there is a book that does have such a list that I don't have but Jan @SAU does, I think for the avoidance of relying on Jan's help I really should try and get hold of it.

There's always Scalemates, it's not always correct but does strive to be, it's a good indicator.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Thanks Wez,

I started to look at Scalemates after I posted. I was pretty good as I found another one or 2 eligilbes and a couple of not eligibles as they are after 85.

Good news, its good to have a range of options.

FWIW, I've found a good copy of that book online for a reasonable price so I've ordered it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ale85 said:

Maybe i have a old but gold Mirage IV in 48th scale somewhere in my stash... 🤔🤔🤔

ciao

Ale

Classic Heller gold it is, we'd all love to see one of these in the GB.

Thanks for signing up.

Room for more inside, the rules are simple:

Original Heller moulds  up until including 1985 are welcome, it doesn't matter whose box they're in (SMER, KP, Airfix, Lodela, Revell just to name a few who've issued Heller moulds in their boxes), they're welcome.  Original Heller moulds in newer Heller boxes are also welcome.

Non Heller moulds in Heller boxes aren't welcome however, it's all about Heller this one!

There's plenty of subjects in the Heller pantheon, ships, submarines, cars, motorbikes, trucks, AFVs and lots of aircraft, go and search your stash, I'm sure you've got something that fits the bill, come and join us in October.

Just now, LostCosmonauts said:

Thanks, yes indeedily doodily Saab Lansen and Tunnan to add to the mix

Great kits both.

Had a good rummage through the stash, and I've singled out the following. Dewoitine D.510, Nieuport Delage Nid 622, Bf-109B, Arado Ar-96 and PZL P.23 Karas.....oh, and a very, very old boxing of the Bloch 152. Wouldn't mind another stab at the Potez 631 again, but don't currently have one in the stash.

Not sure what I'll start with first, but hope to tackle all of them during the group build.

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Had a good rummage through the stash, and I've singled out the following. Dewoitine D.510, Nieuport Delage Nid 622, Bf-109B, Arado Ar-96 and PZL P.23 Karas.....oh, and a very, very old boxing of the Bloch 152. Wouldn't mind another stab at the Potez 631 again, but don't currently have one in the stash.

Not sure what I'll start with first, but hope to tackle all of them during the group build.

Steve

Good man Steve, @Enzo Matrix would be very proud!

That's a great selection of classic Heller kits right there.

Room for more in this GB, you're welcome to join us.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Wez!

I hope to finish a few as they will be OOB and as Heller intended. Really looking forward to this GB. Heller is one of my favourite manufacturers.

Steve

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks Wez!

I hope to finish a few as they will be OOB and as Heller intended. Really looking forward to this GB. Heller is one of my favourite manufacturers.

Steve

If the decals are up to it then that will be great but no worries if they're not, after market will be allowed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wez said:

If the decals are up to it then that will be great but no worries if they're not, after market will be allowed.

Put it this way. I have about seven sets of Heller decals stuck into my south facing window merrily bleaching 🙂

Nice to know aftermarket decals are allowed though.

• Haha 1

On 03/04/2020 at 12:47, alt-92 said:

Might have to scrounge up some replacement canopies. They seem to be missing from most of these boxes :D

What canopies are you missing?

On 22/04/2020 at 10:42, alt-92 said:

The 109K sadly is missing the upper wing parts. Bummer.

The rest is salvageable with some scratchbuild cockpit parts here and there.

Sorry no joy on the upper wing parts I'm afraid.

I was working on the basis I've ballsed up enough kits in the past trying to be too clever or try something beyond my capabilities that I might have some spare parts.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wez said:

What canopies are you missing?

Sorry no joy on the upper wing parts I'm afraid.

I'm now good on canopies thanks to some smart shopping - falcon sets covering 3-4 types at once ;) 

Thanks for looking, though. Guess the K-4 is the only non-salvageable one for the time being.

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

Thanks for looking, though. Guess the K-4 is the only non-salvageable one for the time being.

I've got a spare K-4 kicking around that could donate some wings.

Steve

• Like 2

Thanks for the offer, but there's more bits missing so this one will be a spares donator :) 
Still not bad, just one from a batch of 12 2nd hand kits for 25€.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:45 PM, Wez said:

Original Heller moulds  up until including 1985 are welcome, it doesn't matter whose box they're in (SMER, KP, Airfix, Lodela, Revell just to name a few who've issued Heller moulds in their boxes), they're welcome.  

Don't forget Buzco, an important source of Heller kits on this side of the Atlantic. 

• Thanks 1