Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's what I'm talkin' about!!! :lol:

😀.. and it gets better, I've just fished an old Graphy Air etch set out from the stash as well. Bring it it on!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wez, you are making it really hard to stay away from this one - when I was 'collecting' kits, I spent a mad amount on a 1:400 Prinz Eugen, to add to the Heller Bismark/Tirpitz and Graf Spee/Scheer kits I already had, so this would be the ideal opportunity to build it - any ships in the GB so far? Other than that, I've got a Potez 540 which I fancied building since I thought it was one of the 'ugly ducklings'.

6 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Wez, you are making it really hard to stay away from this one - when I was 'collecting' kits, I spent a mad amount on a 1:400 Prinz Eugen, to add to the Heller Bismark/Tirpitz and Graf Spee/Scheer kits I already had, so this would be the ideal opportunity to build it - any ships in the GB so far? Other than that, I've got a Potez 540 which I fancied building since I thought it was one of the 'ugly ducklings'.

Well, it is my intention to make it hard for anyone to stay away from this GB. :wicked:

IIRC, there's no ships in the GB thus far but there's plenty of time for that to change and any one of those you mentioned would be very welcome.

Shall I put you down as number 41?

Who wants to be the answer to life, the universe and everything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I have Humbrol boxing of the Heller 1:24 Bentley Blower that needs an excuse to be built and it's from 1981. Sorry if it sounds like a daft question but would it fail qualification? Only asking as the criteria states a split circa Mid 1980s.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/humbrol-hk24005-bentley-blower--170027

Cheers

Nigel

7 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

OK, I'm in with Prinz Eugen. Looking forward to it!

Welcome and thank you for signing up, looking forward to seeing this come the time!

5 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

I have Humbrol boxing of the Heller 1:24 Bentley Blower that needs an excuse to be built and it's from 1981. Sorry if it sounds like a daft question but would it fail qualification? Only asking as the criteria states a split circa Mid 1980s.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/humbrol-hk24005-bentley-blower--170027

Hi Nigel,

My first thought was whether this was the Airfix kit but a quick bit of research shows that the Airfix kits are t different scales (1/12th and 1/32nd).  As this is an original Heller mould it's eligible as it would be if it was in a Revell, Imai or Union Model box.

Does that mean you're in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Morning Wez, It certainly does!! :happy:

Then my friend, your name is added to the list at number 42, hopefully the answer to life, the universe and everything will inspire you in your build of this iconic car!

Room for more, plenty of time to decide watcha gonna do about it!

• Like 1

On 20/02/2019 at 01:08, Ventora3300 said:

OK, I'm in with Prinz Eugen. Looking forward to it!

That's the #1 most beautiful warship ever built. I'm really looking forward to see you build her... :hmmm:him? Can a Prinz be called her, like ships usually are? V-P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rafalbert said:

Annoyingly I was planning to build the Su-27UB, but I have just realised it was released in the 90's. D'oh! That was rather brainless of me.

Mirage IIIE it is then.

Good choice!

14 hours ago, Rudolf_Filip said:

I'd like to join this party with this lovely kit. Not what you would call a modern kit, but I think the basic shape is there... 

3LHg9nF.jpg

Andreas 

Oh yes please!  Now that's what I'm talking about!!

You're very welcome Andreas as is the kit you're planning to make.

On 23/02/2019 at 19:33, vppelt68 said:

That's the #1 most beautiful warship ever built. I'm really looking forward to see you build her... :hmmm:him? Can a Prinz be called her, like ships usually are? V-P

Thanks V-P - here is the picture from ebay when I bought the kit for an exorbitant sum - let's drool over the boxart! I remember that at the time, I was desperate to get this 1:400 scale version to join the other Heller ships in the stash. I always imagined this ship was shaped like a little brother to the Bismark but I'll do all the research on designer / shipbuilder etc. (On my one visit to Vienna fairly recently, I became aware that 'Prinz Eugen' was in fact linked to the Hapsburgs and that Empire). I wonder if there is any PE available for this kit?

2DPglEU.jpg

• Like 3

On 25/02/2019 at 14:45, Ventora3300 said:

Thanks V-P - here is the picture from ebay when I bought the kit for an exorbitant sum - let's drool over the boxart! 

The box has just been located in the loft so here it is in the flesh - bag still sealed......

7Ogtq2q.jpg

A3zNyXJ.jpg

9SYWP7x.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

let's drool over the boxart! 

That's easier to do now the picture is a decent size, saves me thinking of ways to strap an electron microscope to my omnivisor to see the teeny, tiny picture you posted previously.  No need to dig out the cable ties and bodge tape now!

That box art is impressive, Heller always had some of the best back in the day (especially during the black box period).

It would be good to see this one made up.

Anyone else want to join the fun?

• Like 1

Unbelievable! I was at an Antiques warehouse this afternoon (fairly near where I live) and I walked around a corner and was presented with the view below!

VNkKSF5.jpg

Imagine building one of those massive sailing ships for the GB? It would maybe be completed by the third time the Heller Classic GB came around. You can depend upon it that I will be returning to that warehouse before long..... unaccompanied!

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

Count me in, I've fond memories of a fair few Heller builds in the past. Kit to be confirmed nearer the date, but it will either be French armour or a 50's French jet.

Wish the AMX 13 derivatives weren't so hard to get hold of - a VCA, VCB, VCI or even a DCA would be top of the list. Typically, the AMX 13/155 is the only one I'm not keen on and that looks to be in the current catalogue :D 

Andy 

8 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Count me in, I've fond memories of a fair few Heller builds in the past. Kit to be confirmed nearer the date, but it will either be French armour or a 50's French jet.

Wish the AMX 13 derivatives weren't so hard to get hold of - a VCA, VCB, VCI or even a DCA would be top of the list. Typically, the AMX 13/155 is the only one I'm not keen on and that looks to be in the current catalogue :D 

Andy 

Andy,

You're added to the list - welcome!

I've always had a soft spot for the AMX-13 series so finger's crossed you can find one in time for this GB - let's face it you have plenty of time!

A fifties French jet would be equally welcome - the choice is yours!

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of Swedish 1/72 Heller aircrafts to build so no reason to not to sign in.

J-21, J-26 Mustang, J-28 Vampire, J-29 Tunnan, J-32 Lansen, J-35 Draken, J-37 Viggen... ...and of course the 1/24 Scania LB 141!

I also have the Prinz Eugen somewhere. But the kit I really want to build is the Renault R16...

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andre B said:

Lots of Swedish 1/72 Heller aircrafts to build so no reason to not to sign in.

J-21, J-26 Mustang, J-28 Vampire, J-29 Tunnan, J-32 Lansen, J-35 Draken, J-37 Viggen... ...and of course the 1/24 Scania LB 141!

I also have the Prinz Eugen somewhere. But the kit I really want to build is the Renault R16...

Cheers / André

Andre,

Any/all of those would be welcome subjects but I'm particularly hoping to see some of the car kits in this GB so the Renault R16 would be most welcome.

One of my uncles had one in the 1970's, his was the 1725 version, extremely rapid for the time and I remember us kids being slid from side to side on the rear vynil seat as it wallowed around corners on the tight country roads...   ...no wonder I used to suffer from car sickness!

Welcome to the GB

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Andre,

Any/all of those would be welcome subjects but I'm particularly hoping to see some of the car kits in this GB so the Renault R16 would be most welcome.

One of my uncles had one in the 1970's, his was the 1725 version, extremely rapid for the time and I remember us kids being slid from side to side on the rear vynil seat as it wallowed around corners on the tight country roads...   ...no wonder I used to suffer from car sickness!

Welcome to the GB

Odd scale, 1/20 (Tamiya wasn't first) and almost impossible to find. But it would for sure bee fun to build an Renault 16...

http://www.r16site.com/facts/Models/heller.htm

Cheers / André

• Like 1

I used to have one of these, eons ago.

I first owned a Renault 6, which I drove throughout Europe, as this car was immortal! Then I was promoted to a Renault 16. Funny enough not as sturdy as the Renault 6...

When the 16 came out, it had a real futuristic look. We really were impressed.

Funny that it does have the same feel nowadays. Could we become jaded?

I have never built a car model, so I cannot comment on the Heller kit, but it sure looks good!

JR

• Like 2

Hi Wez,

on second thoughts, please count me in as well.

Funny enough, the only unbuilt Heller kit I have is the Nieuport 622. I have the 1/48 Mirage IIIC as well, which I started for a GB a long while back, and that is progressing slowly.

This paucity of Heller kits in my stash is ridiculous, considering that I was building them long before I got weaned (or so it feels)!

Anyway, the 622 it will be! A small enough kit to have a fair to moderate chance to finish in time!!!

JR

• Like 1