Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

32 minutes ago, Pin said:

+1

Amiot 143 or Potez 540

SMER repacks count, I hope? 

Pin,

Welcome to the fold and thanks for signing up.

Yes, SMER repacks count (as do Airfix, Revell and Encore to name a few), releases of Heller moulds count for this GB.

• Like 1

I have had a hankering to do a Ju.52 for awhile so I’ll be on the lookout for one of Heller’s as I read that it’s not a bad rendition of the type.......another kit on the SMW shopping list!

1 hour ago, Pin said:

We need 30 to enter the poll, unless the rules have changed. Being in a poll does not mean the GB gets into the calendar 

AFAIK, the rules for 'Classic' GB's has slightly changed. Due to the popularity of the recently completed Matchbox and Airfix Classic GB's the decision was made to automatically(?) allow one slot per year for a vintage type GB. This would be extended to four months and not subjected to the end of year poll. The Frog Squad GB has already been slotted in for a 01 June 2019 start and by the way this Heller thread is going it would seem to suggest that this will be the 'Classic' manufacture that will take up a similar slot for 2020.

I was not sure if we still needed the minimum number of 30, however casting my mind back to when the Frog GB got up, I'm now thinking that this is still the case. 

Cheers.. Dave 

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

AFAIK, the rules for 'Classic' GB's has slightly changed. Due to the popularity of the recently completed Matchbox and Airfix Classic GB's the decision was made to automatically(?) allow one slot per year for a vintage type GB. This would be extended to four months and not subjected to the end of year poll. The Frog Squad GB has already been slotted in for a 01 June 2019 start and by the way this Heller thread is going it would seem to suggest that this will be the 'Classic' manufacture that will take up a similar slot for 2020.

I was not sure if we still needed the minimum number of 30, however casting my mind back to when the Frog GB got up, I'm now thinking that this is still the case. 

Cheers.. Dave 

This is my understanding too.

6 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Just for the record my offerings can include Bloch 152 and Amiot 143 in Smer boxes, plus Mureaux 117 and DH89 Dragon Rapide in Heller boxes. I expect some more may appear between now and the GB starting!

A fine selection, which reminds me, I have the Tasman boxing of the Dragon Rapide :hmmm:

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I've got a Noratlas in the stash that has been there far longer than it should without being built, there is also an Alouette 2, Rf-84 and Gazelle in 1/48 and 1/50 scale so you can count me in.

I've got one of these too, unfortunately the decals are shot, I'd really like to get my hands upon a set of standard French squadron markings for one of these.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CliffB said:

The name 'Starfix' seems to invoke a mixture of laughter and derision when mentioned on this forum.  I've got a couple in my stash - both are Heller re-pops :winkgrin:

Not without some trepidation, I'd say...   ...they would be welcome too :banghead:

On a positive note I found a SAAB Tunnan and Lansen and I have RB decals for both...

..anyone else want to join in this nonsense?

1 hour ago, Antoine said:

Ok, count me in.

I'll manage to find something, got a few 1/72 and 1/48 in the stash.

Antoine good to have join our throng!  Thanks for signing up.

23 hours ago, Ray S said:

Hello, please count me in too!

I have a grand total of 0 Heller kits in stock, so I will have to have a shufty and see what I can get. There are plenty of 'odd-ball' types that would fit the bill for me!

Here's hopin'!

Ray

Hi all, I have just had a look in my stash, and it appears that I have a 1/100 'Le Soleil Royal' in there. I am not sure how I missed it. Probably explains why yesterday I got an invitation from Specsavers for an eye test!

I think it might be asking a bit much to do this kit in 4 months though...

Cheers,

Ray Theunabletoseeamonsterbox

Had to visit the stash location today and found that I also have a 1/72nd Nieuport-Delage NiD-622 and a 1/48th Mirage IIIB/C.  Both typically French and typically Heller.

Plenty of choice in the Heller GB, want to join?

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I also have a couple of Heller reboxes, under the brand name Buzco, picture below, are they included ?

I've never heard of them before but plainly it's a rebox of a Heller classic so YES!

Anybody else want to join in?

On 10/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, Wez said:

I've got one of these too, unfortunately the decals are shot, I'd really like to get my hands upon a set of standard French squadron markings for one of these.

I think the decals are shot in every boxing of the Noratlas I've ever come across! Like you I wish that someone would do an aftermarket set for them, as far as I'm aware nobody ever has. Mind you it's a good excuse to build one in some slightly more exotic markings, no that I usually need an excuse for such things!

Hi Guys,

My stash is not exactly full of Heller kit, and I was wondering if by the way this one would fit the bill (I believe it's ex-Heller, right?)?

It happen I'm just above the required age to tackle it.

If it's ok, I would just have to find SCW decals.

If no, no problem, I'll find somethingg else (DC-6, Canadair, Mirage 5, Fennec, Ouragan, Viggen, at least).

potez_10.jpg

Edited by Antoine

I have a few Heller boxes in the stash.  No doubt at least one will still be lurking there in two years time!  Count me in.

Cheers

Will

1 hour ago, Antoine said:

My stash is not exactly full of Heller kit, and I was wondering if by the way this one would fit the bill (I believe it's ex-Heller, right?)?

Correct and therefore eligible.

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

I have a few Heller boxes in the stash.  No doubt at least one will still be lurking there in two years time!  Count me in.

Cheers

Will

Welcome Will, thanks for joining.

Right, that's now 17 of us, anyone else want to join?

Go on then sign me up.

I enjoy classic kits, but have to confess I don't think I have ever built a Heller kit knowingly. I say knowingly as I understand Airfix re-boxed some and I have built loads of Airfix in the past. 

A quick visit to Kingkit tells me there are plenty to choose from.

Cheers Greg 😁

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Go on then sign me up.

Welcome Greg, thanks for signing up.

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

A quick visit to Kingkit tells me there are plenty to choose from.

I'm certain you'll find something to your liking.