Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

Following in the wake of the Matchbox, Airfix Golden Years and 2019's Frog GB's does anyone fancy joining a Heller classic GB?

To me the golden years of Heller are those from the mid-1970's until the mid-1980's when the hook-up with Humbrol went sour, so I propose anything from Heller prior to the Humbrol years is admissible for this GB.

This means any original Heller mould originally released by Heller up until 31st December 1985, it doesn't have to be in a Heller box, Heller kits have been released by many other manufacturers - Airfix, Buzzco, Encore, KP, Lodela, Revell and SMER to name but a few, but another manufacturer's kit in a Heller box would be ineligible (Heller released some Airfix kits in their boxes).

What do you say?  Anyone else up for this?

1.  Wez (Host)

2.  vppelt68

3.  Rabbit Leader (Co-Host)

4.  Jockney (Co-Host)

5.  Heather Kay (Co-Host)

6.  MarkSH

7.  TEMPESTMK5

8.  CliffB

9.  Zebra

10. Arnie C

11. Grandboof

12. Romeo Alpha Yankee

13. Ray S

14. Pin

15. Modelling Minion

16. Antoine

17. Malpaso

18. GREG DESTEC

19. Col

20. noelvt

21. Jabba

22. Rafalbert

23. PaulT 876

24. Corsairfoxfouruncle

25. richellis

26. Paul Bradley

27. Moggy

28. Bjorn

29. Fightersweep

30. SAU

31. exdraken

32. TonyTiger66

33. John D.C Masters

34. Threadbear

35. Des

36. theplastisurgeon

37. Irishgreek

38. TonyW

39. JosephLalor

40. Jinxman

41. Ventora3300

42. Wimbledon99

43. Rudolf_Filip

44. Foxbat

45. Andre B

46. Jean

47. Stevehnz

48. Johnson

49. JB65rams

50. Halcyonjet

51. ThePlasticSurgeon

52. srkirad

53. jpthedog

54. Back in the Saddle

55. Ridge Runner

56. Vinnie the Panda

57. Bengalensis

58. ArnieC

59. PeterB

60. Mr T

61. 825

62. BlackAck

63. JeroenS (Co-host)

64. Adrian Hills

65. klr

66. Rob Lyttle

67. Desk Flyer

68. janneman36

69. alt-92

70. Ale85

71. LostCosmonauts

72. Orso

73. Dean Whiston

74. lewis25049

75. Ilsesy

76. Rafwaffe

77. JWM

78. CYA

79. TonyOD

80. markrob

81. Pete F

82. cherry268

83. AntoineG

84. grufsnik

85. cmatthewbacon

86. Jur

87. Rob S

88. Paul821

89. mike romeo

90. John

91. chimpion

92. Toryu

93. Ottopv

94. Richard Humm

95. Anatol Pigwa

96. Richard Tucker

97 arnobiz

98. Black Knight

99. Lightningboy2000

100. Unkempt

101. stevej60

102. AdrianMF

103. helios16v

104. Dom Barr

105. SledDawg

106. Davecov

107. TimJ

108. Islesy

109. Scargsy

110. PhantomBigStu

111. tangerine_sedge

112. Ted

113. Graeme H

114. Prenton

115. IanHx

116. Greg Law

117. Ernie

118. TimV1969

119. TommyF

120. bianfuxia

121. Ratch

122. ???

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

Oui, moi. Maybe 1:43 cars that I have in my stash somewhere, or the Storch. V-P

Good on you V-P, I remember seeing many of those 1:43 cars in the classic black boxes, never tried one myself, wish I had now.

Anyone else?

A quick peek in the stash I can see a couple of Dewoitines, a Fw56 Stosser, Bf-109B, Bf-108 and Fennec to name a few.

Anyone else interested?

Wez,

After all the fun I had with the Matchbox II GB and now slightly mourning the closure of the recently completed Airfix Group Build, it would be hard for a Classic kit junky like myself not to take part. I know I've got the DH89 in the cupboard, however that won't stop me scouring the sites and swap meets for other unique Heller kits. I'm as good as in with any Classic GB that rolls around, so please count me in for 2020. 

Cheers... Dave  

Edit - the wee Alouette is also lurking in the stash, however that one might get built before then?

Hi Wez

It looks like we are getting the Classic GB band back together !

Yes please from me, chance to build some French classic Aircraft

Leo  451

Bloch 210

Bloch 174

Bloch 152

Mureaux 117

Amiot 143

Potez 631

And finally for us floaty types the Canadair CL 415

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Bloch 210

Amiot 143

Please bring on the Flat Nose jobs Pat, t'would not be the same without these Frenchy types not taking part. 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Wez,

After all the fun I had with the Matchbox II GB and now slightly mourning the closure of the recently completed Airfix Group Build, it would be hard for a Classic kit junky like myself not to take part. I know I've got the DH89 in the cupboard, however that won't stop me scouring the sites and swap meets for other unique Heller kits. I'm as good as in with any Classic GB that rolls around, so please count me in for 2020. 

Cheers... Dave  

Edit - the wee Alouette is also lurking in the stash, however that one might get built before then?

Dave,

You're very welcome, the Alouette would be very welcome if it doesn't get built before then, but anything would be great!

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Wez

It looks like we are getting the Classic GB band back together !

Yes please from me, chance to build some French classic Aircraft

Leo  451

Bloch 210

Bloch 174

Bloch 152

Mureaux 117

Amiot 143

Potez 631

And finally for us floaty types the Canadair CL 415

Cheers Pat

Pat,

I'm liking all of those suggestions so they'd be very welcome as are you.

7 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Damn! I seem to have some kits in my stash that fit this bill.

I was warned GBs were addictive!

Yes, they are addictive, welcome to the GB Heather Kay.

Off to a good start, anyone else interested?

• Like 1

I only have the one Heller kit stashed away, that being the E-Type Jaguar FHC which was released in 1978 my version is the 2015 re-boxing, would this be eligible?

Good morning Wez

That is very good idea I should have thought about it myself ..

Please count me in I have a few Heller kits in my stash : Spit MkXVI , T6 , T28 ..

Cheers

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

The question, of course, is whether I can resist building the models before the GB starts! I’m getting that twitchy modelling feeling that I would like to pile into my French Air Force collection to sate my 1940 obsession.

Mark, Patrice, Cliff, Z and Arnold - welcome all!  Thanks for signing up.

Heather Kay, there's plenty of France 1940 stuff in Heller's inventory, hopefully so much that there will still be plenty of subjects for you to choose from.

9 hours ago, MarkSH said:

I only have the one Heller kit stashed away, that being the E-Type Jaguar FHC which was released in 1978 my version is the 2015 re-boxing, would this be eligible?

This is where I'm going to ask the community for help, I personally am fine with a later boxing of the original Heller kit as it was an original Heller mould, not an Airfix mould taken over by Heller, it does rather depend upon how purist we want to be.  What is the opinion of others?

Whilst we debate this issue, does anyone else want to join in?

16 minutes ago, Wez said:

I personally am fine with a later boxing of the original Heller kit as it was an original Heller mould, not an Airfix mould taken over by Heller, it does rather depend upon how purist we want to be.  What is the opinion of others?

A quick scan of my stash shows I only have two "proper" Heller boxings. The rest are Eastern European in origin, but from Heller moulds as far as I can tell. It’s still a wonder to me how far some of the original kits have travelled over the years. I’m playing around with something right now which was supposedly new in 2016, but is originally from 1965!

14 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

A quick scan of my stash shows I only have two "proper" Heller boxings. The rest are Eastern European in origin, but from Heller moulds as far as I can tell. It’s still a wonder to me how far some of the original kits have travelled over the years. I’m playing around with something right now which was supposedly new in 2016, but is originally from 1965!

Yes, this has reminded me of a couple of Encore kits I have which are originally Heller moulds, I would consider them legitimate candidates for this GB!

13 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

Yes please A few to choose from plus some Smer boxings 

Martin H

Martin, your name is on the list, you're in!  Thanks for signing up.

I have a few of their larger boxings...

Boeing 707-320,

Lockheed L749 Constellation,

Lockheed C-121 Warning Star,

Boeing E-3A and

Boeing KC-135 (AMT reboxed)

I am sure some of these will still be lurking in the stash in 2 years time. So count me in as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have a few of their larger boxings...

Boeing 707-320,

Lockheed L749 Constellation,

Lockheed C-121 Warning Star,

Boeing E-3A and

Boeing KC-135 (AMT reboxed)

I am sure some of these will still be lurking in the stash in 2 years time. So count me in as well.

Ray,

Welcome on board, thanks for signing up.

As I want to keep this build focussed on Heller moulds I'm afraid I'd have to exclude the re-boxed AMT kit just as I want to exclude the re-boxed Airfix kits but all the rest are classic Heller and would be very welcome, especially something Connie based...   ...no pressure, I'm just saying right! ;)

• Like 1

Hello, please count me in too!

I have a grand total of 0 Heller kits in stock, so I will have to have a shufty and see what I can get. There are plenty of 'odd-ball' types that would fit the bill for me!

Here's hopin'!

Ray

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray S said:

Hello, please count me in too!

I have a grand total of 0 Heller kits in stock, so I will have to have a shufty and see what I can get. There are plenty of 'odd-ball' types that would fit the bill for me!

Here's hopin'!

Ray

Ray,

Welcome and thanks for signing up, I'll add you to the list later, hopefully we'll have a few more takers by then!

Heller have some lovely and esoteric  subjects in their back catalogue, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

Anyone else want to join?

Just asking, how many do we need to officially book this ‘Classic GB’ in for 2020. Enzo mentioned that he is happy to set one slot aside for these types of GB’s each year but I’m not sure if a minimum still applies. I’m sure you’ll still get over 30 either way. 

Cheers.. Dave