Slovak WWII movie & two colour band on Letov 328

JWM

Hi,

On YT I jumped on film on Slovak Uprising AF:

On photo above and about 1:20 there is Letov-328 with two colours fuselage band. Anybody knows which colours they are (the yellow and? )

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

Can't answer your question but did notice a mixed bag of footage and familiar gun camera clips in that clip. P-51s, Spit wing close up, Beaufighter. Some nice clips of Yaks and Sturmoviks plus the Avia  biplanes.

• Like 1

A suggestion, I doubt yellow, as this was the axis identification colour, perhaps a red and blue band?  Just thinking of the Tri Sesrty (three sisters, famous mountains in Slovakia) markings used on the Bf109's

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

A suggestion, I doubt yellow, as this was the axis identification colour, perhaps a red and blue band?  Just thinking of the Tri Sesrty (three sisters, famous mountains in Slovakia) markings used on the Bf109's

Why I think that yellow retained is that the number is partially painted on it but the other looks to me as red band which overpaints part of code (S, B ?).  The yellow fin+rudder stays as well. BTW - despite the name of the movie this Letov still wears Slovak cross, not the uprising insignia!

Regards