H builds “ Very small F14” FINISHED

Hockeyboy76

I have in the stash a Revell F14A and F14D in lovely 144 scale. I plan to build them both together and come up with some sort of suitable display for them. Photos to follow. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

I look forward to watching this one buddy. I have a few of these too, so it will be interesting to see what you do with them.

I thought you would have buddy. 1/144 the eyesight scale :yikes:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress on little Tomcats today, white areas painted in White primer, intake trunking has been glued to the lower fuse. 

resized_73077dc3-7ac1-43c7-9d5f-38767e96

So I’m thinking of a Tomcat break as a display, but I have no crew. They may have to magic fly or could claim it’s a museum display.  Was also thinking about the A with everything down so having to cut flaps and slats, with the D breaking above with wings folded. 

Need to make a decision soon as the wings need to be fitted soon. 

• Like 4

Some progress on the “D cat”, cockpit painted grey and decals added. Good enough for 144 scale

resized_f96d9c69-c842-4643-8687-613c32a6

Upper and lower fuse halves joined, wings can still swing, but the plan has always been swept on the D. 

resized_0e99a0a5-0b10-49f8-be20-2f220b1d

Twin tails are drying under Appliance White, ready for masking the red tips and painting the rest Tamiya gloss black. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like what you have done here.  

I have the 1/144 Tomcat D in the stash.  I was going to build a desk top in-flight model but I can't overlook the lack of crew.  Does anyone do a crew for this aircraft?

Edited by Grey Beema

17 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

I have the 1/144 Tomcat D in the stash.  I was going to build a desk top in-flight model but I can't overlook the lack of crew.  Does anyone do a crew for this aircraft?

Thanks dude,

It’s hard to find 144 scale aircrew, although If you buy Pit Roads TSR2 you do get some blobs that look like crew. @nimrod54 used n gauage railway figures painted up.  I’m going with inflight without crew. Almost as good as the Airfix crew who can fly with their hands stuck on their knees. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

I have adapted N gauge seated railway figures from the Noch and Preiser ranges. There are these on the Shapeways site, Fox One do a set of eight, and Ozmods have both standing and seated pilots including some USA. 

HTH

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Decals are close to being finished, just need to paint the missiles and tanks, then decal them. Thinking about not building the A-cat now, instead coming up with a suitable flight display for the D. On the plus I have found some 144 crew.