H builds “ Very small F14” FINISHED

Hockeyboy76

And it was all going so well

resized_8d162098-0fb0-4871-aa0b-c50d0858

The Tamiya flat clear I used to Matt everything down and seal the decals has reacted with something & crinkled up. This is after some swipes with a fine sanding stick. Not sure how else to deal with it. I may try some Flory wash and go for a very dirty girl look, but as the surface is now smooth I’m not sure it will stick. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

The Tamiya flat clear I used to Matt everything down and seal the decals has reacted with something & crinkled up. This is after some swipes with a fine sanding stick. Not sure how else to deal with it. I may try some Flory wash and go for a very dirty girl look, but as the surface is now smooth I’m not sure it will stick

That's unfortunate buddy, what about brushing some of the colours you have used on the individual panels that are affected. That will give them a freshly touched up look, and you could add a thin filter to darken them down if you feel that it is too stark a contrast.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's unfortunate buddy, what about brushing some of the colours you have used on the individual panels that are affected. That will give them a freshly touched up look, and you could add a thin filter to darken them down if you feel that it is too stark a contrast.

I have given your idea a try, it has improved in some areas, but other areas still show the crackle. I will let it dry and have a go with some weathering. 

I still have to come up with a suitable dynamic display worthy of the mighty Tomcat. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Those little figures transform the cockpit. Looking forward to seeing this one complete; can't be far off now :smile:

Very close now, just need to replace the pitot that’s been fed to the carpet monster, @nimrod54 will be happy as it’s Albion Alloy time. 

Streaky underside

resized_bfa21e77-5365-4aaa-bb2b-e4f6c577

• Like 5

Finished, my first completed build of 2019. Thanks for all your help and support along the way. Here’s a couple of teasers

resized_878714a8-1d03-4969-b749-5343ee44

resized_ef8f8396-81d0-4b47-a5cf-0bab3232

I will get some better pictures for the gallery when the light is better. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Looks fab H and you have made a great job of sorting the paint out, it looks fine to me. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the gallery pics.

Thanks good buddy, if you zoom in you can still see the problems, but looks ok from a distance.