Ferrari 250TR

A Model Factory Hiro 1/12th. scale proportional (or kerbside) kit of a 1958 Ferrari 250 Testarossa built "out of the box" to represent the 1958 Targa Florio winner.

It was airbrushed using Zero Paint Two Part Lacquer and finished with Zero polishing compounds and wax.

44785530831_99eba4916b_h.jpgIMG_0481 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

• Like 17

I seem to be having trouble getting further photos in to the post but I'll keep trying.

Chris

44785527861_1efee19f83_b.jpgIMG_0484 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

44735821312_fb61d5d9ac_b.jpgIMG_0485 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

44785525931_fd1604c49c_b.jpgIMG_0477 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

44735814662_324de79b63_b.jpgIMG_0478 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

44735826012_102bb29574_b.jpgIMG_0493 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

44735830552_2c0aeacf35_b.jpgIMG_0495 by shipbuilder2012, on Flickr

• Like 18

Blimey I thought those were snaps of the real deal! Stunningly nice build of a truly beautiful car.

It's funny when it comes to Fizzers how everyone goes doolally over the GTO more than the TR when to me the TR is by far the better looking car and your build just reinforces that for me.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

This is what MFH call a "proportional" kit which is more commonly known as a "kerbside" kit. This means there is no chassis, engine, gearbox or transmission detail underneath the body and as such it is much less of a challenge than their full detail kits. However the detail that is visible requires careful and concentrated effort, for example those rivets around the windscreen frame are individual items and the frame and body require holes drilled to accept them. As with all MFH kits of a certain era the wire wheels require the most effort as the hubs have to drilled out to accept all 72 spokes and the wheel assembled in a jig making sure the spokes are in the correct holes at the start.

As you say MFH kits are not the shake and bake type but for me they offer what I look for in a model kit, accurate well engineered parts, challenges to all your modelling skills over a decent period of time and a stunning model at the end if you get it right.

MFH is my recreational drug of choice.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tankerman said:

This is what MFH call a "proportional" kit which is more commonly known as a "kerbside" kit. This means there is no chassis, engine, gearbox or transmission detail underneath the body and as such it is much less of a challenge than their full detail kits. However the detail that is visible requires careful and concentrated effort, for example those rivets around the windscreen frame are individual items and the frame and body require holes drilled to accept them. As with all MFH kits of a certain era the wire wheels require the most effort as the hubs have to drilled out to accept all 72 spokes and the wheel assembled in a jig making sure the spokes are in the correct holes at the start.

As you say MFH kits are not the shake and bake type but for me they offer what I look for in a model kit, accurate well engineered parts, challenges to all your modelling skills over a decent period of time and a stunning model at the end if you get it right.

MFH is my recreational drug of choice.

Thank you! I’m looking into building my first 1/12 and this one seems easy enough to finish and get a good result while learning new techniques.