Grande Boutique, France 1918

Hello, guys

Grande Boutique is my second work from the WWI theme.
This time I decided to make a background story.
The action is located somewhere in France in 1918 .....

Diorama is made on a 20 x 20 cm base, dominated by a weapon store. In this story I played with my imagination, so I made up for a section of the narrow-track railroad with horse racks that were massively used at that time.

The truck is RPM's "Mack AC Bulldog", which I've been upgrading with styrene in some places. In the end, the model is of satisfactory quality.
The figures I used on the diorama are from the British manufacturer WD models. These figures are of excellent quality and if someone decides to create a WWI theme, I can warmly recommend this company. Prisoners like the horse are from Revell and Airfix.

There is also a smaller wooden cottage on the diorama which I have completely made of a veneer thickness of 0.3 mm, subsequently painted with acrylic colors.

The wagon and chassis that are in the center of the story are made of self-construction from various remnants of the model, styrene, copper wire, etc.

I hope you like work and of course all comments are welcome.

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01878.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01881.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01892.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

I say! What a beauty!

That's just about as perfect a diorama as one will ever see, and I'm including all those in larger scales as well!

The composition is stunning, the subjects well chosen, the execution sublime.

I think you were quite brave going for that large hillside at the back of the diorama, but then the tunnel entrance kind of forced that. It's a cracking hillside though!

I didn't notice a WIP for this. It would be great to see some photos of such. Especially that hillside. What did you make it from?

Rearguards,

Badder

This has everything I like in a diorama! :D 

It's well executed with a high level of details that invite you to letting your eyes wander and a good story, that is easy to follow.

Well done indeed! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thank you All for your kind comments 🍻

Work on dioramas is really enjoyable, and details are a special passion.

The terrain is made of styrofoam. I shaped it with a sharp scalpel.
Finally, I formed a molded terrain with a white glue and all finished with the potion of the producer Nature in scale and Noch grasses.

Once again, thanks for viewing and nice comments👍