EA-6B Prowler

Pappy

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice work on the bird cage, it looks great

Thanks very much Hewy

14 hours ago, Jabba said:

Yet again the work that you have produced is absolutely stunning.

Cheers Jabba, the origami ws worth it

9 hours ago, helios16v said:

Lovely Sky Pig Pappy!  Then again, I may be slightly biased.  😉

G'day Helios, I have never heard of that nickname for the family model but given your avatur I would say that there was something wrong if you were not biased,

cheers,

Pappy

5 hours ago, Pappy said:

G'day Helios, I have never heard of that nickname for the family model but given your avatur I would say that there was something wrong if you were not biased,

cheers,

Pappy

Nah, nothing wrong with them.  I'm actually not sure how the name came around, probably from the fighter jocks.  They are big birds. and obviously not going to be as nimble as a Hornet, Scooter, or Crusader.  I worked on them for 5 years with the USN back in the mid-late '90s.  I love the bloody things.  😊  I'll enjoy watching you do this kit justice.  I'd like to add a 1/48 kit to the stash one day, but I think I have 3 1/72 Hasegawa kits waiting to be built to tide me over.  

23984021751_b1d4a0dbea_z.jpgChristine - Raven 622 

45350826614_718f046cc7_z.jpgRaven 623

45350826404_eab1719a2f_z.jpgWP95 VAQ135 Raven 620

6 hours ago, helios16v said:

Nah, nothing wrong with them.  I'm actually not sure how the name came around, probably from the fighter jocks.  They are big birds. and obviously not going to be as nimble as a Hornet, Scooter, or Crusader.  I worked on them for 5 years with the USN back in the mid-late '90s.  I love the bloody things.  😊  I'll enjoy watching you do this kit justice.  I'd like to add a 1/48 kit to the stash one day, but I think I have 3 1/72 Hasegawa kits waiting to be built to tide me over.  

23984021751_b1d4a0dbea_z.jpgChristine - Raven 622 

45350826614_718f046cc7_z.jpgRaven 623

45350826404_eab1719a2f_z.jpgWP95 VAQ135 Raven 620

I agree Helios, I always thought that aesthetically, the Prowler had nicer lines than the A-6 (and I like the A-6 too), the stretch forward seems to balance the bulk aft of the wing. Great shots too, they really demonstrate how uneven the paint can become on a working jet.

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Wow!! Very impressive detailing and modelling throughout!! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks very much Stix, it is kind of you to say

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

This just gets better and better, superb detailing.

Cheers mate, I appreciate the comment. Things will need to slow down a little as I scratch up the avionics compartment that the EEP retracts into. References are a little scarce so it is slow going

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pappy said:

I agree Helios, I always thought that aesthetically, the Prowler had nicer lines than the A-6 (and I like the A-6 too), the stretch forward seems to balance the bulk aft of the wing. Great shots too, they really demonstrate how uneven the paint can become on a working jet.

Yep...and doubly so when all of the shipboard supply of 2 of the 3 shades of grey go bad and you have to use the light 36375 for touch up on the entire bird (which is why Christine looks so splotchy).   🤣  Corrosion never rests.

Edited by helios16v
  • Haha 1