1967 Chevy Impala - 4 door - model kit

Mikey-1980

Morning All!

I'm trying to find a model kit of a 4 door 1967 Chevy Impala to convert into "Baby" from the show Supernatural.

I've found plenty of Impala SS 3 doors on fleeBay, but they are mainly 3 dorr versions. I've also seen a few deicast premade kits of the car too, but no model kits yet to date. I've seen some people do a conversion from a 3 door to 4, but it just doesn't look right.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

1967-Chevrolet-Impala-4-door.jpg

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

None spring to mind and if someone's gone to the trouble of converting a two door into a four door, barring the odd masochist it's a fair pointer as to availability. I've looked at 1/32 in case anyone makes a slot car body but could find nothing. It was a quick look and digging deeper might unearth something, although the amount of work required on such a body could be worse than a conversion.

Maybe the way to go is to work up a die-cast. There's been a few here on Britmodeller, though not of a big American motor it has to be said.

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply and your help.

The only conversion I have seen is on an American Auto modeller forum. To be fair, the chap's has done a fantastic job with it.

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/29/t/69194.aspx?page=1

It does however look like a hell of a lot of work, with several kits needed to get the overall look.

• Like 1

Ah, so there was a German resin kit of the actual car but in 2010. They even made figures!

I found a video here: Linky

That's the problem with American builds. The models were much cheaper over there and it was the norm to combine several kits to get what you wanted.

If you follow the German links from the forum, that wasn't cheap either and wasn't without some difficulty but easier than scratch building.

Dave

• Like 1

Cheers Dave,

Appriciate your help....keep on searching I think?

I am suprised AMT havent launched a kit considering how popular the show is. Now in its 14th season and the car is very much the star of it too.

• Like 1

I think most of the releases from AMT are from existing tooling. They are now owned by Round 2 who are doing a fair job of re-releases but I don't think they are planning to do new stuff. The market's very much smaller than it used to be and with licensing issues clouding the issue, the good old days have long gone. Some of Revell's kits went over the million mark and even they recently went under. People keep saying that the future lies in 3D printing and maybe it does, but you need to know a friendly CAD designer! Or have a good disposable income..........................

Dave

love the show. I have also been in the same boat with sadly the same results. " Baby" is a kit that I  feel may not be made as not commercially viable. Although Supernatural  as a loyal dedicated fan base its quite niche' I don't think it has a big enough demand. May be the way to go is to produce a stock 67 Impala super sport and give it the " custom" options. Personally I'd love one sitting on my shelf.

Edited by RACETRACK
  • Like 1

I'd definately have a crack at it along side the vast amount of other projects I have in mind already.

That thread I found on someone converting a 2 door into a 4 door seemed pretty straight forward....with the right tools ad skill set.