777-200ER kit?

Hi Adam,

The best way to a good 777-200ER is to convert the Zvezda 777-300 by cutting down the fuselage, reshaping the wingtips and changing the engines for RR Trent 800s.

It is an easy conversion which I have done recently, see here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235040282-1144-zvezda-air-new-zealand-777-200-converted-from-300/&tab=comments#comment-3075327

Alternatively, there is the Minicraft 777-200 kit but there aren't many around at the moment and it's not a very good model in my opinion. Added to that you would have to find the correct boxing for the RR engines.

Or there was a Welsh Models vacform kit at one time but I'm not sure if it had RR engines, it's also expensive.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Adam, welcome to Britmodeller.

I think the best way to get a 777-200ER at the moment is to use the Revell or Zvezda 777-300ER kit as a base, shorten the fuselage and cut of the wingtips. Use replacement Bra.z engines of the correct flavour and new Bra.z wingtips.

For 9M-MRO you would need the Trent 800's.

Alternatives injection moulded are Minicraft or Eastern Express which can be got as 200 series, but aren't very good kits; or vacform Welsh Models which is better but still not up to the standard of the Revell/Zvezda kit

Scalemates gives a list of 777's in 1:144 and Hannants have the Bra.z bits currently in stock

1 hour ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Adam,

The best way to a good 777-200ER is to convert the Zvezda 777-300 by cutting down the fuselage, reshaping the wingtips and changing the engines for RR Trent 800s.

It is an easy conversion which I have done recently, see here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235040282-1144-zvezda-air-new-zealand-777-200-converted-from-300/&tab=comments#comment-3075327

Alternatively, there is the Minicraft 777-200 kit but there aren't many around at the moment and it's not a very good model in my opinion. Added to that you would have to find the correct boxing for the RR engines.

Or there was a Welsh Models vacform kit at one time but I'm not sure if it had RR engines, it's also expensive.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Any chance of a tutorial thread?

7 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

Adam

Have a look at post #10 in this thread of mine, Ian kindly put up some photos to show how he did the conversion

Looks way beyond me... Never done anything like that before

5 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Adam

Have a look at post #10 in this thread of mine, Ian kindly put up some photos to show how he did the conversion

Thanks Mike, I knew I posted those pics recently but could I find the thread with them in when I looked earlier? 

7 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

Adam

Nice find Mike, just for future reference you can link directly to the post in the thread. Just use the share link at post level like you did at the thread level like so: