Put up or shut up!!

my first attemp at posting a picture, Been a member for quite awhile, but because i am a ham fisted tecno phob (favorate tool, large hammer) hav'nt been able to work out how to post a picture, so fingers crossed. Like many I suspect I model in isolation, mainly due to workload, I would feel a fraud if I joined a club as I would not be able to commit to contribute much in the way of time to help with shows etc. This forum has provided much inspiration, and I have learnt a great deal from all the contributors, so here go's!!

44584318294_531b6264b2_z.jpgtamiya mustang by peter crossman, on Flickr

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

Hi Peter - that is one fine looking p-51 - well built and excellent paint job. Really like the scheme on this one - yellow tail section looks superb. Well done. I'd like to see some more photos please from different angles. 

I know what you mean re. loading images - I've been a web developer for 20 years and I struggled to work it out. I'll give you my method: When you've loaded your images to Flickr, hit the share button on each photo - flickr will pop up a URL (web address) in large letters, under the social media icons - copy this and paste it directly into the forum edit screen (under your text or where ever you want the image to appear) - once you've done this. hit return on your keyboard to go to a new line, wait a few seconds and then your image should then appear - because it can take a few seconds for it to pop on, you think its not working... but it's just taking it's sweet time - wait time can be longer if you're using a large image... 

Well done on your first post - hopefully the first of many!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

(favorate tool, large hammer)

Like many I suspect I model in isolation, mainly due to workload, I would feel a fraud if I joined a club as I would not be able to commit to contribute much in the way of time to help with shows etc.

Quite like you. If it can’t be fixed with a Hammer, it’s an electrical fault. I too used to be a member of the Salisbury club but moved slightly too far away, so gave up the club scene also not being able to find the time.

very good Mustang by the way.

Steve.

Thanks for the comments gents, i'll try and post some more pics later, FIGHTS ON, paints used were Hannants XTRA colour, decaled then a coat of humbrol satin coat, all through a revell airbrush.(hows that for product placement!)

• Like 1

That’s a really nice Stang Farmerboy. The first post is always the hardest, but as they say it’ll be like riding a bike from now on. I agree about the ‘Club’ thing as even though I would like to join my local, it’s just too difficult to commit with everything else that goes on in one’s life. I would end up not being a full participant and that’s not the idea of these things. 

Looking forward to more images and more builds - soon. 

Cheers and well done.. Dave 

• Like 1

Fantastic result with the Mustang! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great looking Mustang. 👍 ... I agree im not a Techie either. Ive had 3 computers commit ritual Seppuku over the last 20 years.  

3 computers in 20 years? That's not suicide, that's natural OLD AGE! 😉 Mine rarely make it past 5 years old before I 'ditch and replace'. Though I always have spare computers around (2 Linux PCs at present, either of which could easily be switched to Windows 10 if need be).

Kev

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I forget to mention 2 of the 3 just burst into flame. 

That's strange, I never thought of Illinois as hotbed of natural combustion (though it may help to explain the poor form of my favourite football team, the Chicago Bears, of late 😉 )

hee hee...

Kev

• Like 2

Really great looking Mustang. Striking scheme and superb NMF. Looking at such a result, it seems I should use the hammer method too.

Can't agree more with the club thing. I'd feel a little lonely without a great place (with equally great people) like here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Really groovy Mustang! Far better than my poor efforts to date (seem to remember doing better, and being more prolific in my builds, 20 something years ago).

Agree with the local club thing, but as BM members I think we are part of the biggest club in the world!

DennisTheBear

• Like 1