The old shed - 1/35 scale

Another build I have meaning to do for while, this is going to be a small shed or outside loo made from coffee sticks, with all sorts of garden junk or something like that. The odd thing is I have made a plan for this build but I tend to let things evole

Photo just for colour ref. 

IMG-20181013-112057.jpg
IMG-20181010-142321.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Rockpopandchips,

Had to laugh because I built one very similar to the one in the photo, also using coffee stirrers. I didn't leave gaps between the door 'planks' though. I didn't want people peeping in while I was having a poo!

The junk in the yard looks very enticing, and that brick wall too. Should make a cracking diorama!

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 2

Hi RP&C

Wow, that's a beauty of a bicycle! Hard to believe that's in 1/35th.

Looks like you're doing fine on the loo front. I will try to post a link to mine but I'm a bit of a luddite and always struggle on how to do it!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

No WIP for this loo, just a 'nearly finished' loo. It appeared 'mysteriously' in my Ever Evolving Diorama WIP, page 46.

dcqzzfn.jpg

5q63WBw.jpg&key=175fb478750121dcd8859972

Rearguards

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 sides done and the door, only glued the back and one side and the front and other side are still separate so I can add stuff inside easily. I will finish the front of and door frame and then make a start on the roof.

Totally winging it so if you have any advice please chip in. 

Cheers Brian. 

IMG-20181017-063351.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Badder said:

Still not sussed out how to paste a link. Soz.

I experimented a bit. Perhaps not the most obvious way but in some sense it seems to work 😀

1) Got to the post you want to link to.

2) In that post hover your mouse over the "Post XX hours ago" text at the very top, right click and select "Copy link address" (or whatever your browser calls it).

3) In the post where you want the link to appear just paste (Ctrl-V) and then hit "Enter" or "Return"

4) Some square "thing" miraculously appears that includes the text from the linked post. Also, in that "thing" you can no point and click at the the arrow in the upper right corner. Doing that takes yo to the linked post.

Below is such a link to the post I think you referred to. Try clicking the arrow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the first loo I made was well out of scale, I made it much to big so I managed to find a 1/32 scale tamiya bloke so I could keep it looking more in scale this time. It still may be a little tall but I'm getting there. 

I'm probably going to spit the coffee stick to make the door look like it's made from thinner planks of wood. 

IMG-20181028-101854.jpg

• Like 4

Hate to say this, but in reality I would assume the planking on the roof should go from top to bottom rather than front to back, so the 1/35 rain will run off better. Than is unless you are intending to cover it in 'roof felt'.

Other than it looks very good.

I've also just made an outdoor loo for a current diorama project, although mine is in 1/48 and is intended to be a more of a cobbled together temporary structure.

279b7848-a2b0-46aa-930f-ccd33c982dcc.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gorby said:

Than is unless you are intending to cover it in 'roof felt'

I was going to tile it or felt it (its is a posh loo you know...lol) just don't know how as yet but I can come back to it later. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Gorby said:

the planking on the roof should go from top to bottom rather than front to back

Isn't it side to side?

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

I was going to tile it or felt it (its is a posh loo you know...lol) just don't know how as yet but I can come back to it later. Thanks.

Isn't it side to side?

Obviously planks without any covering isn't a good idea, but if needs must then the rain would need and uninterrupted run down the plank, if they are side to side the water will go though every joint on its journey to the bottom. If you're tiling the roof, the planking will be fine as it is.

I'm sure I've seen an easy way of doing tiles recently, perhaps it was on @Badder's dio thread?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Obviously planks without any covering isn't a good idea, but if needs must then the rain would need and uninterrupted run down the plank, if they are side to side the water will go though every joint on its journey to the bottom. If you're tiling the roof, the planking will be fine as it is.

I'm sure I've seen an easy way of doing tiles recently, perhaps it was on @Badder's dio thread?

Oh god Im thick ! Now I get what your on about, I might change them if I don't get around to covering the roof. Cheers.

Just remembered I have a pack of terracotta colour milliput, I might roll some out and have a go at free hand tiles.

7 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Oh god Im thick ! Now I get what your on about, I might change them if I don't get around to covering the roof. Cheers.

If you were thick, you wouldn't have got as far as you have. I probably only noticed it because I'm an amateur carpenter and I'm cursed with over-thinking everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Just remembered I have a pack of terracotta colour milliput, I might roll some out and have a go at free hand tiles.

Tiles? Would that not be overkill on a loo like this? When I look att the very first pic in this thread I think I see tar paper on what's left of the roof above the brick wall. Why not replicate that and go for roofing tar paper on a modest outfit like this ☺️ Just my two pennies...

Edited by Svedberg
  • Like 1

Looking good RP&C.

I wouldn't worry too much about the orientation of the roofing planks. IF they were overapping they'd be best in that position anyway. But, a covering with bitumen/tar, corrugated iron etc would be even better.

I do think that the cross-beams on the inside of the door are a bit on the thick side though. I'd replace them with thinner guage planks, or just sand them down.

I love the layout. It's sure going to be a busy diorama.

The ghost figure is excellent and I can't wait to see the gateway painted up. I'm hoping to see lots of moss and lichen effects on your stonework BTW.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Cheers Badder, have already sanded the in side of the door and I'm thinking about how best to get the look of a tar roof. Have ordered one of the MB bicycles that comes with some sacks that are going to make great rubbish bads and I'm going to have a go at scratch building a few tools to put about.

Also have wanted list in my sig for some other bits I'm looking for, so yeah it should be a nice full dio when it's done. 

Made a start on adding some paint to the tree and ground. 

IMG-20181103-085925.jpg

• Like 2