The old shed - 1/35 scale

5 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

... I'm thinking about how best to get the look of a tar roof. .

I do not know exactly what you envision when you say tar roof, but I see something simple like this:

L%2525C3%2525A4gga%252520underlagspapp%2

For such a roof I would try sandpaper or emery cloth in some suitable grit size, and then painted.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Svedberg said:

For such a roof I would try sandpaper or emery cloth in some suitable grit size, and then painted

That's a good idea and I have a few different grits of wet and dry paper, I was thinking of using sand. 

Starting the grass and the road is finished. Can you believe I had forgotten to drill the fence holes, that done I can add the wire and wooden posts. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gorby said:

That looks good. What did you use for the road surface?

Cheers, the road is dry morter mix over pva and bit of fine road grit taken from a car park.🙂

Finished the fence (I think), it does look like the fence I wanted but now I'm not sure it I want to add more of the wooden bit between the posts. 

IMG-20181104-223928.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fitted the wet and dry paper to the roof of the shed, it need some weathering.  Also had a look at the bike, it looks like I'm going to have to completely build  it before painting it and I want to use the airbrush to get a good clean finish on it. This was going to be a rusty wreck but the kit is too nice for that and the PE parts are stunning if a little small. Not sure if I can remove the mud guards to give it a more modern loo yet, its a tad smaller than I'm used to chopping into. 

IMG-20181105-202417.jpg
IMG-20181105-153251.jpg

As you see the PE wheel spokes and chain set need to be fitted before the right side fork and stays. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

more modern loo

Bit of a Freudian slip. Deep down, do you want to build a more contemporary convenience?

The roof looks excellent now.

• Like 1

That's really looking good.

I honestly think scenic work is best done before figures are painted and added, assuming of course you're adding figure(s), rather than added as an afterthought.

One of these days I'll practice what I preach and do it myself. 😃

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gorby said:

Deep down, do you want to build a more contemporary convenience?

Oops I have been found out......😃

6 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

assuming of course you're adding figure(s),

I will onec I find the figures I like and that's the problem, I'm not sure who or what to use, at the top of the list at the moment as I don't want to use anything that looks too much like it's from the 40`s, is a boy playing with an RC plane or car, and man cutting the grass with a strimmer ( that one has been used on here fairly recently) and a woman in overalls tied around her waist. 

At this point i'm also wishing I had made the base a bit bigger now, I'm going to be running out of space once I get some scape,  a scooter, a push bike or 2 and  a few bit and bobs, bags and tools here and there and 2 or 3 figures but thats my own fault for not sticking to the plan of just to build a loo on a bit of grass. So this one might just end being the practice for a slightly bigger dio, it really is very very addictive..................😵😵 

On 11/3/2018 at 4:59 PM, Svedberg said:

I do not know exactly what you envision when you say tar roof, but I see something simple like this:

L%2525C3%2525A4gga%252520underlagspapp%2

For such a roof I would try sandpaper or emery cloth in some suitable grit size, and then painted.

Meant to say great idea as this is looking good to me so far. Thanks Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On with painting some of those bits and bobs and have also made a start on the bike, Dame it fiddle. I decided to paint all the frame parts on the runner and clean them up once they ready to fit to the bike. Hopefully I can mask off the smaller details later for more airbrush painting. 

IMG-20181108-063940.jpg

• Like 4

Nice little score today, while out walking the dog around the local sports field the large rubble bag in the corner of one field that's been there year got the better of so I had a look in side and it looks to full of 1/32 scale coal! It's full of what looks like shredded rubber but it look great in a coal bucket. 

Yes I helped myself to a hand full in a poo bag..... 😀😀

IMG-20181109-195834.jpg
IMG-20181109-195740.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Thanks you. 

I said from the start the was going to be a none scifi built, but today this popped into my head so I had to make it. 

This is my 1/32 tripod driod, in a steampunk sort of way. 

IMG-20181110-220339.jpg

Well, it wouldn't have needed bog-roll !

Reaguards,

Badder

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Finished off this weekends efforts, two buckets, a shovel, Jerry can, 1/2 drum BBQ, binoculars handing on the back of the door, and a driod few... 

A productive weekend, to say the least. Well done!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...