Dragon 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf.G complete

Hi All,

My most recent armour completing using the excellent Dragon kit 6594. I also added some Friul tracks, an RB machine gun and an antenna from a company whose name currently escapes me.

I used some custom Tamiya mixes I found on the web for the RAL 8020 and RAL 7020. I'm no expert but the lack of contrast between the two colours seems reasonably accurate from what research I did during the build. I painted a 'chocolate brown' base coat first just to try something new and it gave the final model a warm appearance which I like. I used various washes, pigments and 'streaking' products to produce a weathered machine but not one covered in sand or dust. I think it looks quite used and abused and am happy with it.

No clangers from me during construction or painting which I think is a first... I don't include having to strip the paint from the entire turret and armour due to poor paint mixing and spraying... 😉

Anyway, here are some pics!

DSCF8906.JPG

DSCF8916.JPG

DSCF8920.JPG

DSCF8912.JPG

DSCF8917.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look. Some more photos at: http://www.timboth.com/models/armour/PanzerIVG/PzIVG.htm

Tim

• Like 11

Excellent build and paint job. I didn't notice the two-tone camo until I was posting this and had another look. That's subtle camo, but excellently done. Lovely chipping and weathering and as you said, your panzer looks nice and 'warm' with that brown base coat. The RB MG looks ace as well. The only thing missing IMHO is some bare metal on those tracks. Sand is pretty abrasive stuff so the tracks would wear fairly quickly.

Rearguards,

Badder