AIM 1/72 DC-7 B and C Resin Conversion Set

wallyinoz

Thanks to a modeller in Italy I have been able to correct some errors in the DC-7 and DC-7B instructions.

Please download them again to get the current version - 

Here is the link again to the instructions for the DC-7 and DC-7B conversion:: http://www.aim72.co.uk/Pictures/DC-7 instructions-A5.pdf

Edited by tnuag

4 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

That airplane is right up the road from me at the Gainesville, Texas, airport (GLE). You can see it in Google Earth. I photographed it some years back.

Is it the only one? It looks like it's in good condition. Buffalo Airways would have lots of parts for it if they needed parts.

6 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Is it the only one? It looks like it's in good condition. Buffalo Airways would have lots of parts for it if they needed parts.

Not sure. All I know is that it's been there several years. I think it was used in a movie.

The next conversions are for the Canadair Yukon, CL-44 and Argus, based on the Mach 2 Britannia kit.

Would a similar thread to the DC-7 series be of interest?

Edited by tnuag
Additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The DC-7C conversion sets plus DC-7B saddle tanks (long range tanks) were delivered to Hannants yesterday (25 Feb 2019).
Just for the record, there are 30 resin parts plus four cast metal propellers in all, which are:

RESIN

Replacement complete fin and rudder
Centre section
two fuselage plugs (2 left & 2 right halves)
four saddle (long range) tanks
Engine - cowling (4 off)

- engine core (4 off)

- gills, closed (4 off)

- gills, open (4 off)
            - exhaust & PRT section (4 off)
METAL

Propeller (4 off)

The DC-7B conversion sets will be available in two weeks time.

I think this covers everything. so now for the Canadairs and then the Carvair.

Edited by tnuag
Additional informatiom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I searched their site and can't find it, just the other DC-7 stuff.

Try here: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TWC72035

They still show it as "TBA." It'll probably take them a bit to enter it into their system. I put one on backorder, which means it will automatically be charged to my PayPal account and shipped to me.

35 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Try here: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TWC72035

They still show it as "TBA." It'll probably take them a bit to enter it into their system. I put one on backorder, which means it will automatically be charged to my PayPal account and shipped to me.

Oh that one. Did you put it on your "wish list" or put your email in the "watch" selection box or "shopping cart"?

Put it on your "Watching List." Then go to "Your Account" and select "Watching List" (in the middle column under "Orders." For each item in your Watching List there is a box on the far right where you can check to add it to Backorder.

3 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Put it on your "Watching List." Then go to "Your Account" and select "Watching List" (in the middle column under "Orders." For each item in your Watching List there is a box on the far right where you can check to add it to Backorder.

Thanks, it shows a little plus sign on the back order ikon.

3 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Thanks, it shows a little plus sign on the back order ikon.

Right. Click on that to backorder it.  And if you go back to "Your Account" and select "View Backorder List," you should see it there.

26 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Right. Click on that to backorder it.  And if you go back to "Your Account" and select "View Backorder List," you should see it there.

Think it's good now. A bit of a process but that's ok. Thanks again.