Tiger I ausf E Late version (1:35 - AFV CLUB)

Hi,

This is a 1:35 model the Panzer VI Tiger ausf E. This is an AFV Club kit no. 35079. I made it as movable model. Additional parts are the Friulmodel tracks only.

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594240

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594244

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594254

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594250

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594247

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594398

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594402

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594406

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594514

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594518

25739_rd.jpg?lm=1539597560

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594522

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539594526

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Badder said:

Very nice indeed. Interesting camo. Very dark overall, but I like it. Not seen that on a Tiger before, but I'm no expert.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank you for the comment. Dark camos was used in Normandy. Adding some links about this camo

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer-VI_Tiger.php

http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/panzer-vi-its-variants-tiger/tiger-he-camouflage-patterns-earl-grey-collection/msg4923/#msg4923

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, witjas4 said:

Thank you for the comment. Dark camos was used in Normandy. Adding some links about this camo

Thanks for the links. You've saved me a job in the future as I have the 'late' Tiger in the stash but was dreading the 'usual' 3 colour camo, which I don't find 'attractive'. Now though I will be using the same camo pattern as you and I'm looking forward to it.

Rearguards,

Badder

9 hours ago, Badder said:

Thanks for the links. You've saved me a job in the future as I have the 'late' Tiger in the stash but was dreading the 'usual' 3 colour camo, which I don't find 'attractive'. Now though I will be using the same camo pattern as you and I'm looking forward to it. 

Rearguards,

Badder

You're welcome and good luck with the kit. I'm looking forward to your new topic (Tiger late ver).

Cheers

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 1

Hello W.

Very good Tiger ! impressive work and painting.

I'm currently doing mine, but I add a self made interior. How did you have weathered the wheels ? I really like the effect !

Congrats !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello W.

Very good Tiger ! impressive work and painting.

I'm currently doing mine, but I add a self made interior. How did you have weathered the wheels ? I really like the effect !

Congrats !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hi. Thx for the comment.

I have washed the wheels in dark brown wash, then chipped in some areas by brown-metal mix paint then painted (and polished) wheel rims by metalcote (Humbrol 27003). It was also a delicate layer of dust but it disappeared after I covered them with clear satin layer, and I just resigned to make a dust again :) (may be I'll renew weathering sometime)

Cheers

P.S. I'll post my another Tiger w/interior (finished in April this year)

Edited by witjas4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, witjas4 said:

You're welcome and good luck with the kit. I'm looking forward to your new topic (Tiger late ver).

Cheers

Thanks, but I won't be making it for a very long time. Maybe in a year or two!

Rearguards,

Badder

Great Tiger, super paintwork and an uncommon scheme.

Every time I consider doing one, unless I go very early or late, I'm put off by the prospect of zimmerit.

Cheers 

Darryl 

On 17/10/2018 at 07:55, Jasper dog said:

Great Tiger, super paintwork and an uncommon scheme.

Every time I consider doing one, unless I go very early or late, I'm put off by the prospect of zimmerit.

Cheers 

Darryl 

Thx for the comment.

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2018 at 12:56, Buzby061 said:

Excellent build.

The AFV club Tiger is a nice kit, I used photo etch Zimmerit on mine. The Tiger's shape makes the application fairly easy.

Pete

Thx for the feedback. I just didn't think seriously about zimmerit while building the kit, but now I little regret that I didn't add zimmerit 😕 It really looks good on your Tiger.

Regards

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 16/10/2018 at 13:06, witjas4 said:

Hi. Thx for the comment.

I have washed the wheels in dark brown wash, then chipped in some areas by brown-metal mix paint then painted (and polished) wheel rims by metalcote (Humbrol 27003). It was also a delicate layer of dust but it disappeared after I covered them with clear satin layer, and I just resigned to make a dust again :) (may be I'll renew weathering sometime)

Cheers

P.S. I'll post my another Tiger w/interior (finished in April this year)

This is a great model and the finish on the wheels is exceptional! Which brown wash did you use? Apply wash then seal it on? Then chip and highlight? Is there a WIP? Thanks

Edited by Whitewolf

• 1 year later...
On 08/08/2023 at 16:48, bissyboat said:

I like the bold look you get from the oil wash. Very nice Tiger. 🙌

On 08/08/2023 at 16:54, edjbartos said:

That looks very nice , I really like the paintwork that you have done..

Ed

Thank you guys but if you ask me, so... this is the one of my first models, so when I look at it now.... I only like the camo scheme and the wheels look. This model definitely needs re-weathering process :)

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 1