This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

saturnapollo

Apollo 7 50th Anniversary S-IVB

Took a spare 1/144 Revell S-IVB and modified it to represent the Apollo 7 S-IVB. As luck would have it, finished it on the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 7. I like symetry like that :-).

More photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/spacemodelsphotography/albums/72157667646196676

AS205 S-IVB 7a

AS205 S-IVB 6

AS205 S-IVB 8a

A great build and a fantastic presentation! :goodjob:

Now I know where they got the idea from for the spacecraft in 'Diamonds Are Forever'! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

On 10/15/2018 at 5:09 AM, HansReggelsen said:

A great build and a fantastic presentation! :goodjob:

Now I know where they got the idea from for the spacecraft in 'Diamonds Are Forever'! :winkgrin:

Hans J

Actually, I think they might have got it from this:

5-s66-37966-b.jpg

The film you are thinking of is "You Only Life Twice" released in 1967, so prior to Apollo 7 but after the flight of the  Augmented Target Docking Adapter (as shown above) which was in June 1966. You Only Live Twice script was written before the flight of ATDA, so it might be a case of fiction coincidently anticipating real life.

Keith

7 hours ago, saturnapollo said:

The film you are thinking of is "You Only Life Twice" released in 1967, so prior to Apollo 7 but after the flight of the  Augmented Target Docking Adapter (as shown above) which was in June 1966. You Only Live Twice script was written before the flight of ATDA, so it might be a case of fiction coincidently anticipating real life.

Keith

I stand corrected! :worthy:

I got the two movies mixed up because in 'Diamonds Are Forever' there is also a satelite involved, but in 'You Only Live Twice' they actually kidnap austronauts in space.

Maybe this is a good reason to spend the evening watching the old Bond movies again! :winkgrin:

Thanks to VMA131Marine for the great picture! :D

Hans J

The James Bond films tend to merge together in my mind too as the title sometimes has little bearing on the story.

cheers

Keith

having just watched First Man on the big screen - your model is well timed - very nice modelling there

Keith,

Very impressive work my friend. Your Flicker album is equally impressive. Well Done!!!!

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette