Etihad Airways colors (Revell A320 kit)

Doom3r

Hi,

I can see this topic comes up from time to time and it looks like the best option is Ushabti Bone as the primary layer and NYC Mulberry Street 221b as the top layer... except looks like 221b has been out of production some time and I cannot find it on ebay or amazon. Next option seems to be Halfords Ford Champagne Gold but I cannot find it in the US or on the ebay/amazon. Other option would be using Revell paints except I cannot find the local and getting it from ebay would cost as few bottles of Tamiya or Mr. Color. With all this in mind is there any other good option to getting the body color using Model Master/Testors, Tamiya, Mr Color, Citadel or some other paints/nail varnish?

PS: I have an idea of trying to have the same mix as Revell suggests except using Mr Color paints but I am out of Clear Orange so it'll be few weeks till it arrive :(

Hmm, Valejo Air is not available in my local hobby shop :( Do you know if Tamiya Champagne Gold (TS-75) would work? Also, did anyone tried Tamiya Pearl Clear TS-65 for giving a model pearl-like looks for the liveries like Etihad (from my understanding this was the reason why nail polish was used on some of the builds)?

• 5 weeks later...

Having wrestled this model to the ground, I can say happily that neither of the champagne gold options will work as I tried both. It was only after spraying the kit that my six year old son pointed out it was the wrong colour! Doh!

Mulberry Street is still available and I just checked it out on eBay and Amazon today as NYC Mulberry Street 212.

It definitely is the best option. Did you see Vikings build and review? I would agree with him that the base bone colour needs to be lightened more first. Spaying Nail varnish is kind of fun as well but polishes back well.

Good luck. The daco decals are amazing!