B-17G 'OUTHOUSE MOUSE' 323rd Squadron, 91st Bomb Group - COMPLETED

MarkSH

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm afraid the Night and Day- proposal didn't live long enough

What is the Night and Day project? I assume it's because the British bombers ran night missions and the Americans operated daylight missions. Would participants be required be allowed to build two kits together that make a US/RAF pairing? If that is the case and you need commitment to get approval you can add me to the list. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ol' Scrapiron said:

What is the Night and Day project? I assume it's because the British bombers ran night missions and the Americans operated daylight missions. Would participants be required be allowed to build two kits together that make a US/RAF pairing? If that is the case and you need commitment to get approval you can add me to the list. 

👍 Check out the thread in the GB chat forum, its a bit more expansive than just USAAF/RAF.

• Thanks 2

• MarkSH changed the title to B-17G 'OUTHOUSE MOUSE' 323rd Squadron, 91st Bomb Group - COMPLETED

Afternoon Chaps,

I am going to call Outhouse Mouse finito! I have taken some pictures and will get them into the gallery later today, however, they had to be taken with my compact as the D60 gave up on me for no apparent reason so the pictures aren't great TBH which is saying something as its definitely my Achilles heel in the whole process.

Just a word of thanks to our ever enthusiastic host VP, another very enjoyable GB with some excellent builds, top tips and a lot of really interesting information plus some very personal family histories and stories which help to put our modelling efforts into perspective.

This is Outhouse Mouse signing off!

33082319808_3b2f57ebd6_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Superb job, wish I had the patience to complete a build as nice as this but I always end up rushing on a bit towards the end.  Your weathering is giving some pointers for my 'Hettie' build as well 🙂

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Superb job, wish I had the patience to complete a build as nice as this but I always end up rushing on a bit towards the end.  Your weathering is giving some pointers for my 'Hettie' build as well 🙂

:goodjob:

Davey.

I really enjoy using the oil paint weathering. Just remember to use something absorbent as a palette to soak up the actual oil medium and that a little goes a long way.

stunning is the only way i can describe it , every thing looks perfect   i can,t wait to see whats next 

kind regards ian

• Thanks 1