Airfix 1/72 Grumman J2F-6 Duck - COMPLETED

MarkSH

Evening chaps,

Got the rigging done today, fiddly in a couple of places but generally ok, I used EZline fine as I did for my recent Swordfish build and as long as your careful with the application of the cyano its fairly easy to use. I have trimmed the 'tails' where necessary and the next job is to sand back the rough bits and repaint, actually I will re-do the whole top wing as repeated handling has left it in a pretty sorry state especially the leading edge, I will also pick out the rigging lines with some aluminium paint and the black wing root walkways will need to be painted in.

I have rigged and fitted the wing floats and made up some better looking exhausts.

One error I've made is leaving a hole in the top of the front fuselage for a centre fuselage/top wing strut supplied with the kit that is not present in the subject aircraft......and I forgot to fill it before fitting the top wing! Hey ho!!

31166572777_4474e4f13c_b.jpg

31166572327_a9fa82b0e3_b.jpg

31166571927_653c1e1b18_b.jpg

31166572507_216a22b0cf_b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 13

Evening all,

I have just applied some finishing touches to the Duck, I managed to massage the rather flimsy undercarriage into place, how long it'll last I don't know, the wheel hubs are I'm afraid not representative of the real example and nothing in the spare box would suit so they'll have to do. A suitable base on which to set the model and quality pictures will have to wait until the weekend:

31267356217_c04c3330d9_b.jpg

31267356447_3933b6857c_b.jpg

31267355937_f7cfeca61d_b.jpg

Anyway calling it finished, many thanks to @TEMPESTMK5 for organising. Enjoyed the GB especially building two Grumman products that literally are worlds apart.

Cheers, Mark.

• Like 14

• MarkSH changed the title to Airfix 1/72 Grumman J2F-6 Duck - COMPLETED

Good evening Mark

Very good job on this great Airfix classic 👍

I am very pleased that you enjoyed this Gb , maybe you would find time to build something else for this Gb ?...

Patrice

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I am very pleased that you enjoyed this Gb , maybe you would find time to build something else for this Gb ?...

:fraidnot: As much as I'd like to I'm afraid not Patrice, I'm way, way behind on the B-17, haven't even started the Stranraer and the Panzer IV GB starts next week :doh: 

12 hours ago, MarkSH said:

:fraidnot: As much as I'd like to I'm afraid not Patrice, I'm way, way behind on the B-17, haven't even started the Stranraer and the Panzer IV GB starts next week :doh: 

Good morning Mark

Ok I perfectly understand but it looks like your going to be very busy in the next weeks ..

Enjoy your build ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...