It's a HOG - RFI. Italeri 1/72 A-10A Thunderbolt II

51 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Used to W joy seeing these scooting about the UK at low level in the 80’s.  My old squadron boss did an exchange tour flying them and loved it.  Great job G.

Must have been amazing seeing them flying by :thumbsup: thanks for the praise :)

Ciao 

I seemed to gave missed the RFI for this, possibly even the WIP, last year was crap. :( I'm liking this a lot Giorgio, I've one in stock to do a similar scheme, I think. I can't guarantee it'll get the same care & attention lavished on it that this one has. :) Duly book marked for inspiration & information.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

I missed the RFI also Steve although I watched the build.

Absolutely stunning job there Giorgio, you should be very proud. 

I'll never forget the first time I watched a pair of these doing a routine at a past Fairford show, where between the two, one would always have his gun "on the target" while the other was repositioning to take his turn. They kept this up for some time! Such awesome maneouvarability.

Thanks for sharing

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/08/2019 at 04:56, stevehnz said:

I seemed to gave missed the RFI for this, possibly even the WIP, last year was crap. :( I'm liking this a lot Giorgio, I've one in stock to do a similar scheme, I think. I can't guarantee it'll get the same care & attention lavished on it that this one has. :) Duly book marked for inspiration & information.

Steve.

Thanks Steve :thumbsup: The WIP is quite a long one: it took me nine months to do this, almost like a baby :frantic:  But it's probably my best effort so far, in par with SANDY BAY-BEE, so I'm pretty pleased with it :) 

On 03/08/2019 at 09:05, Terry1954 said:

I missed the RFI also Steve although I watched the build.

Absolutely stunning job there Giorgio, you should be very proud. 

I'll never forget the first time I watched a pair of these doing a routine at a past Fairford show, where between the two, one would always have his gun "on the target" while the other was repositioning to take his turn. They kept this up for some time! Such awesome maneouvarability.

Thanks for sharing

Terry

Thanks Terry, much appreciated :thumbsup:  I never saw one of this flying "live", but form videos on Internet, I kinda have a rough idea of what you mean. And I'm slightly jealous :D 

Ciao

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Parabat said:

Top notch modelling, very impressive details and finish. Superb.

Thanks mate, glad you like it! :thumbsup:

Ciao

18 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Incredible detail. I had to scroll back up to make sure I'd read the scale correctly. Fantastic job. :worthy:

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:  She's a pretty big beast even at this scale, though :D 

18 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's a lovely Hog, very nice work

Thanks F-32, glad you like it! :thumbsup:

Ciao

2 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

Stunning model mate. very well done.

Cheers Paulo, glad you like it :thumbsup:

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...