*done* B-17G-35-BO 42-32025 VP*P “DREAMBABY”

vppelt68

• 10 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, Ol' Scrapiron said:

Those that still check in here will get to see my rendition of Dreambaby

I am looking to do this one - but isn't your tail gunner position wrong? Dreambaby in the photo at start of thread has the shorter tail and you have shown the longer one. Can I make this plane from the Airfix kit?

Edited by Tom R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom R said:

I am looking to do this one - but isn't your tail gunner position wrong? Dreambaby in the photo at start of thread has the shorter tail and you have shown the longer one. Can I make this plane from the Airfix kit?

It's definitely good enough for me though the tail position is wrong :yahoo:.

You can do it from an Airfix kit but you must do some surgery at the starboard waist gun position - 42-32025 was a G-35-BO with unstaggered waist, Airfix has it staggered. It is doable, though. Then you must get the earlier three panel waist windows as Airfix only supplies the one piece latter version. I'm facing the same problem with my Academy work-in-process, but I will try to deal with it by just masking and then painting the panels frames on :coolio:.

I'm happy to compare and share notes on building Dreambaby with you. My model has the port nose details - name, dame and mission markers - all done on a wild guess only. I've learned and found more pics since finishing this.

Best regards, V-P

• Thanks 1