Some advice and help please

SeaPlane

Good Morning Everyone

Hope all are well and that the modelling gods are shining brightly on your builds

If this post is in the wrong section, my apologies - perhaps the moderators could move it for me to a more appropriate section (hopefully not the trash can!)

As a change from flying boats and Luft '46 ventures I'm toying with the Hasegawa RA-5C Vigilante (also the last modern aircraft I have in the 'to be built' pile) and with it I have the Airwaves cockpit detail set, which includes the comment that 'extreme difficulty may arise fitting the ejector seats provided in the kit into this detail set.  Replacement HS1A Ejector seats can be obtained from E D Models that are compatible with the etched parts ...'  I've thought about trimming and sanding the kit parts so that they fit but with the extra PE that is supposed to be attached (which includes side panels and foot restraints, I'm not sure that is really viable

I've not been able to find this source or indeed any source of information for HS1A seats.  Do the experts of this community have any suggestions, advice, comments on how I might solve the issue (other than perhaps modelling the aircraft as though both crew have ejected!!)

Many thanks

Andrew

I'm afraid that butchering the kit seats may be your only option. E D Models' Airwaves PE was taken over by Hannants some time ago. They have just re-issued the PE set for that particular kit, but do not have the replacement seat listed for the kit. You could try emailing them and asking for further advice. I've always found their responses to be quick and accurate.

Wish I could offer more hope, sorry.

Kev

Thank you Kev - advice much appreciated.  I sensed that was the case re Hannants and ED Models but the confirmation is welcomed.  A note to Hannants then and some thinking!! 

Anyone know how the canopies flew off in an ejection sequence from the Vigilante??  Of course you do!!!!

Regards

Andrew

Once again, many thanks Kev, that has helped a lot.

With a little artistic license and judicious placement of the canopies, I might just be able to construct a dual ejection display, although that will mean I have to paint pilots etc.  If people don't mind that it will represent an almost simultaneous exit it might just work.

On the positive side it means that the PE stuff from Airwaves that got me into this trouble in the first place might actually be visible.

Now to summon up the courage to start ......

Don't hold your breath friends

Regards

Andrew