Airfix B727 and Caravelle

Orso

I have managed to finish some old kits this summer.

727-200_07.JPG

Boeing 727-200

727-200_11.JPG

727-200_09.JPG

A rather quick build. Less than two month. Decals from 26 decals. Well not a Swedish plane but Denmark is close enough. I have wanted a Sterling 727 since the 1970's and finally I have one.

caravelle_04.JPG

The Caravelle's wasn't as fast to build. I thing that I started on them around 2006.

caravelle_201.JPG

caravelle_202.JPG

Decals from F-DCAL

caravelle_205.JPG

But I should have bought new engines for it but I didn't want to dig in to references so I built it out of the box.

caravelle_301.JPG

Not a Swedish plane but it says SAS on the side. Good enough for me. I think these decals came from F-DCAL as well.

caravelle_302.JPG

caravelle_305.JPG

Thai Airways International was founded in 1960 as a joint venture between Thailand's domestic carrier, Thai Airways Company (TAC) and Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) In 1977 the Thai Government bought out SAS and THAI became fully owned by the Thai government.

caravelle_101.JPG

I had built this Air France plane back in 2006 and after I had finished it I found decals for SAS and Thai so I had to buy more kits.

caravelle_102.JPG

caravelle_105.JPG

Built straight out of the box with the decals supplied in the kit.

• Like 31

Very nice group of models . Love the SAS and Thai International pair . Why did you leave the Main Gear doors down ?

Well done ,thanks for showing .

A really lovely collection from when airliners still looked interesting.  I also much prefer these retro style markings,  Much smarter than today's gaudy schemes.  I have a Caravelle in my stash.  I'll be happy if they turn out half as good as yours.

11 hours ago, Orso said:

a mistake

No it wasn't . Look ,heres the reason !

3 hours ago, Britman said:

Doors obviously open for servicing

You just forgot the door ground locks !