Hasegawa p-40n/ Airfix Dinah

PhantomBigStu

welcome along Stu, and a great choice as well.

We haven't seen one of these in the build yet, she's a bit of a classic from Airfix.

Good luck with the build, look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

Ah an audience, excellent, well apologies for the lack of any updates, I’ve got a lot going on, so I’m being really strict limiting myself to as few builds on the go as possible, I’ve finished one, got a 2nd ready for decals and a third nearly there, once those two are done ill start this and the wildcat 

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my Zero rear canopy the same way a few weeks ago. I ended up getting a new kit mainly because these are really cheap kits. What I do now is fill that canopy with blue tack while I'm masking etc. It also masks the inside as the same time.

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I lost my Zero rear canopy the same way a few weeks ago. I ended up getting a new kit mainly because these are really cheap kits. What I do now is fill that canopy with blue tack while I'm masking etc. It also masks the inside as the same time.

That’s what I’m hoping will happen, there’s a new boxing I’m high bidder on, win that finish the build and eventually replace this with in the green scheme I wanted anyway :) anyway I case I don’t win that kit or any other, I shall put my next entry in this thread, Hasegawa p-40N. Which has not yet arriv

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Its arrived, though as said it must go into 2nd place on the build queue, must build something for just me, though can't decide what that should be (as you can see I have a few in mind) . Heres also the previous kitty/warhawk I've built (which will be 'retired'), for the first MTO GB, the academy kit, which I didn't really enjoy building nor with that hideos canopy pleased with the result. Suspect this might be more enjoyable and will look nicer. 

44867174425_a83b78266d_b.jpg43962804990_37dcc8f21d_b.jpg

31909088768_c9ee7c2ee0_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Good going Stu. Would be nice to still see the Dinah finished however that we’ll have to wait I suppose. The Hasegawa P-40 kits are so far superior than the Academy ones for overall general shape, so you’ve chosen wisely here. They are not as detailed so a little extra effort will go a long way and be very rewarding. 

Cheers.. Dave