1/144 737-200 Britannia Airways

Here's my Airfix 1/144 737-200, built for the Airfix group build. Pretty straightforward build, I used the cockpit part from the Daco kit to improve the shape of the forward fuselage, and decals from 26. This one really brings back memories of spotting at Manchester in the 80s, and a trip to Naples in a Britannia 737 in 1984 when we were hit by lightning on the way back (as you might expect, there was a loud bang and a flash!).

Airfix 737-200

Airfix 737-200

Airfix 737-200

Airfix 737-200

And a shot of the two 737s I've built this year to compare old and new - 737-200 and 737-800:

737s old and new

• Like 26

Superb! I remember spotting at the airport with my dad, back when you could walk out along the top of the piers and look down on the jets. Those were the days!

I'd like to try making some airliners but I've no idea what to do about all the windows. If there's no cheatline do you have to mask about 60 tiny individual portholes!? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Superb! I remember spotting at the airport with my dad, back when you could walk out along the top of the piers and look down on the jets. Those were the days!

I'd like to try making some airliners but I've no idea what to do about all the windows. If there's no cheatline do you have to mask about 60 tiny individual portholes!? 

We might have been there at the same time!

I prefer to use decals for the windows - looks good enough for me in this scale. No need for all that masking!

• Like 1

Love this one Zebra! It's amazing how much better the Airfix kit looks with the Daco cockpit part.

I've got these decals and a few 737s in the stash which I need to get cracking on with.

3 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Nowadays it's so much easier to get realistic looking windows for airliners using these -

https://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Categories

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb job Zebra,we flew on a Britannia 737 Newcastle to Rimini back in 1984 I'm sure the scheme was the same.Just show's what can be 

achieved with these old Airfix kit's.

• Thanks 1

Lovely build of a real classic, spent many happy hours at Luton watching these,well done                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers Michael.

• Thanks 1