Time for a quick one! +++FINISHED+++

8 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers Steve,

I finished the little beast about an hour ago and I am in the process of taking a few photos as we speak. 

Are the best Greg😉

dbef660f7a0affeca5617d92a3c2f3e3.jpg

• Haha 2

All done!

What a blast this was. I really enjoyed this wee tank. I haven't built one of these in ages and it was a good change for me.

I may well revisit the airfix armour subjcets as there are plenty to choose from and they are being reissued in the classics range, one of which is this kit i think.

It comes with the two turrets and i think the larger of the two - T-34/85 looks better but i took pics of both so you can see for yourselves.

45312500581_692f52c8a8_z.jpg

43497589160_6e7ae139a9_z.jpg

More pictures in the gallery shortly.

Thanks to all who cheered me along or left a like for all my builds, much appreciated peeps!

Extra thanks to Ian, Mike and Dave for all their hard work building and encoraging us all. 

Whens the next one????!!

Cheers Greg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

Awesome work and fast 

Martin H

Cheers Martin,

I enjoyed the challenge of getting it finished on time. I am pleasantly surprised it turned out as well as it did. 

All the best Greg

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

That turned out really well Greg - great work :goodjob:

Thanks Steve,

These small scale tanks are fun to do and look great when all finished up. I'm gonna try a few more I think. 

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Thanks Steve,

These small scale tanks are fun to do and look great when all finished up. I'm gonna try a few more I think. 

Cheers Greg

Hey Greg - you really should take a look at the range from PSC - they have a minimal parts count - but are pretty accurate and just aching for a few 'finishing touches' - just like an old Airfix kit really - but more importantly - they are FUN to build.  Come to think of it...

A '15 parts or fewer' GB could be fun - allowing folk to express themselves with very basic kits and show what can be achieved with a bit of research and skill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Hey Greg - you really should take a look at the range from PSC - they have a minimal parts count - but are pretty accurate and just aching for a few 'finishing touches' - just like an old Airfix kit really - but more importantly - they are FUN to build.  Come to think of it...

A '15 parts or fewer' GB could be fun - allowing folk to express themselves with very basic kits and show what can be achieved with a bit of research and skill.

Hi Steve,

I have seen some your PSC models on the Forum and they look excellent. I have been sorely tempted to try one. Number of parts is unimportant to me compared to how the finished kit looks. 

I'm off to have a gander at them online.....

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Brilliant job  Greg

I must admit when I saw the title of the build I thought it was going to be something that would cause Mike to blush ! :oops:

However your T34, turned out the business, although I think having a choice of turrets is showing off just a bit, given how quick you completed it !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Brilliant job  Greg

I must admit when I saw the title of the build I thought it was going to be something that would cause Mike to blush ! :oops:

However your T34, turned out the business, although I think having a choice of turrets is showing off just a bit, given how quick you completed it !

cheers Pat

Cheers Pat,

Yes, the post title is a bit risque I retrospect!!

Glad you liked th he T_34 it's a good little kit. 2 turrets are better th Han one I'd say lol.

Cheers Greg 

• Like 1

That's just excellent stuff Greg. You've shown us all that some of these kits can still be built as quickly as when we were kids, yet finished off superbly with all those years of experience under one's belt. You set yourself a tough challenge, but made it with time to spare. Impressive stuff and a fitting way to end your great contribution. It's been a blast having you onboard.

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's just excellent stuff Greg. You've shown us all that some of these kits can still be built as quickly as when we were kids, yet finished off superbly with all those years of experience under one's belt. You set yourself a tough challenge, but made it with time to spare. Impressive stuff and a fitting way to end your great contribution. It's been a blast having you onboard.

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Cheers Dave, 

Glad to have shared another enjoyable GB. 

See you on the next one mate.

All the best Greg

• Like 1