Time for a quick one! +++FINISHED+++

WHAT!!!! 

I don't believe my tiring eyes Greg, surely you can't be serious?

I suppose I'm ten hours ahead of most of you lot, so thats probably more than enough time to punch this one out. 

Looks like I'll be updating the Build list yet again (although I was expecting that this weekend). 

Cheers and good luck... Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zebra said:

That's what I call a blitzbuild! Good luck!

Cheers Zebra😁

I have been painting and cleaning up parts already and hope to post an update early afternoon.

All the best Greg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BIG X said:

GO FOR IT GREG :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve,

This won't be as good as your Sherman but I will see what I can do with it. Haven't built a tank in a long time. Especially one this small.

Cheers Greg 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

WHAT!!!! 

I don't believe my tiring eyes Greg, surely you can't be serious?

I suppose I'm ten hours ahead of most of you lot, so thats probably more than enough time to punch this one out. 

Looks like I'll be updating the Build list yet again (although I was expecting that this weekend). 

Cheers and good luck... Dave 

Hello Rabbit Leader,

Repeat please! Lol 😁

Gotta have one more go 😉

Cheers Greg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

I admire your pluck Greg, a personal Blitzbuild. It should be fun to watch, good luck buddy.

Cheers Bud :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Update coming shortly.....

All the best Greg

• Like 1

Good work fella, keep on keeping on.

I may have been wah'd here,  but I believe the two turrets are for the T-34/76 and T34/85 variants (size of the main gun) rather than T34 and T85.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

Good work fella, keep on keeping on.

I may have been wah'd here,  but I believe the two turrets are for the T-34/76 and T34/85 variants (size of the main gun) rather than T34 and T85.

Hi PLC,

I'm no tank expert so you maybe correct. I'm just going by what it says on the box 😉

I think the bigger gun looks best anyway in this scale. The smaller one doesn't seem tough enough for a Soviet tank.

Das 've danaya

Greg 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi PLC,

I'm no tank expert so you maybe correct. I'm just going by what it says on the box 😉

I think the bigger gun looks best anyway in this scale. The smaller one doesn't seem tough enough for a Soviet tank.

Das 've danaya

Greg 

Mate, Tanks must have big guns, it's the law !!!

Knocking out the kit in a few hours is back to proper modelling, although I would have done this in @30 minutes in 1980, obviously with the benefits of glue & paint marking the carpet.

• Haha 2

Update 2......

Swift progress this afternoon was delayed by literally waiting for paint and or glue to dry. After this evenings session i have broken the back of this build and have decided to wait until tomorrow to finish it off no point in russian it now eh???!!!

I'll get me coat....

31422475488_ed28c39efa_z.jpg

The paint on the upper hull is first brushed coat and looks messy. It will improve with two lighter coats in the morning. 

Now its wine o'clock..thanks for watching

Cheers Greg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Great idea and great progress! I'll pop back tomorrow to see the final result. Looking good so far!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, 

First small scale tank I've done in a while. A wee bit practice for the Panzer IV GB.

Cheers Greg 

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling
  • Like 2

I just saw this and thought how did i miss this but then saw the time of the first post! 😁

Now i would bet this IS the last wip we will see entered......? 🤔

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

I just saw this and thought how did i miss this but then saw the time of the first post! 😁

Now i would bet this IS the last wip we will see entered......? 🤔

Sounds like your laying down the gauntlet there Lawser 😮

If I had pushed ahead last night's could have had the whole job done but decided to watch Killing Eve instead. 

The T-34 has had another coat of green and once that's cured I will do a bit of weathering and finish it off by lunchtime. 

I don't have anymore series 1 kits in the stash so this really will be my last entry in this awesome GB 😢

Thanks to you Mike and Dave for being great hosts and motivators.

Cheers Greg 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TonyW said:

What a good way to end the GB! A fine choice of subject as well. 

Tony.

Thanks Tony, 

I don't think I ever built this one before. As you can see from the lead post it was a bargain I could pass up and was just waiting in the stash for an opportunity such as this GB to be built. 

Cheers Greg

• Like 2

Update 3.....

Main colours are on and set, pics show my washes around the raised detail areas. Most of this will be wiped off when sufficiently cured. Next is drybrush on a high light coat followed by some weathering powders, and inbetween a couple of transfers. Clock is ticking so heres the last update pics..

31435275368_38cd80fe5b_z.jpg

44397276045_65fbb5116a_z.jpg

There were a couple more but theres a problem on Flickr at the moment so thats it for now.

Back in a bit...

Cheers Greg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

pics show my washes around the raised detail areas. Most of this will be wiped off when sufficiently cured. Next is drybrush on a high light coat followed by some weathering powders, and inbetween a couple of transfers. Clock is ticking so heres the last update pics..

31435275368_38cd80fe5b_z.jpg

44397276045_65fbb5116a_z.jpg 

...if only I could be so subtle with my pin washes - nice work Greg - keep it up mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

...if only I could be so subtle with my pin washes - nice work Greg - keep it up mate.

Cheers Steve,

I finished the little beast about an hour ago and I am in the process of taking a few photos as we speak. 

Are the best Greg😉

• Like 1