Wingnut Wings WNW Albatros D.Va 1:32

Hello Chaps,

since my engine teaser '' Rollout'' several month ago i went on pretty slow but build up the cockpit and inner fuselage parts and hopefully can 

close the fuselage over the weekend...... 

Since this is not a classic ''Work in progress'', i'm building way too slow for that i will add further pics from time to time....

For now some cockpit shots, hope you like it...

Cheers

Hans

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Some Prop & Parts....

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 7

As an affirmed WnW fan, all I can say is...... Awesome!! The paintwork on the exhaust is astonishingly good and the propeller, aftermarket? If not, then can I commission you to do some for me? What material did you sue to lag the inlet manifold?

Anyway Hans, that is stunning work!!

Thanks Mark for your kind words, the prop is the kit one paint with a mix of oil and pencil, plate with a metal mix.

For the manifold i used dental floss.

Concerning commissions, i did some in the past but at the moment i don't have the time to do it but will contact you when

i have more again. 

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a little update Gentlemen....

Since the fuselage is right now in the dry dock i started to work on the wings, since my Albi should be an example that has been in use for some time it has severe stains of weathering...so a little preshading is necessary...

IMG_0552.jpg

On my search for a more convincing alternative to the original WNW Lozenge decals i've chosen Richard's (Aviattic) Faded Version and Ribtapes from HGW

IMG_0558.jpg

It's a bit time consuming to cut out the patterns from the full joined but the result is worth it.....

Upper side

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Downside

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Some Metalwork...

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Radiator

IMG_0565.jpg

That's it for now....

Cheers

Hans

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 7

One of the really nice touches is the fabric repair patches to cover bullet holes, little things like that make all the difference. And you'd swear that radiator was real life size especially the lower part with the louvres. This is turning out to be one of the best.

9 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Really beautiful work. Although I can't help but think that in providing such a good kit WNW make us do a bit less actual modelling...

You could be onto something there! But in a way they demand such attention to detail that there's scope to put enormous effort even into the smallest of pieces and assemblies.

Thank you all very much for your kind comments mates!

@Marklo, in my opinion the opposite, at least in my case, is the truth, with providing such superb kits WNW motivates the willing modeller to put maximum effort into all details & parts because the effort and attention to detail will get a splendid payback.

Funnily enough I find that the more the kit provides the less I do. That said I've never tried a WNW kit, they look beautiful but are extremely expensive, I do have one or two kits in my stash that approach their level of detail and I'm genuinely intimidated by them.  But at the end of the day this hobby is all about what you get out of it and what level of kitting you enjoy.

Completely agree Marklo and don't get me wrong i'm not an advocat only for the overengineered &superdetailed kits.

As much as i deeply appreciate the fact that we live in Modeller's heaven nowadays with all that diversity of brands and provided aftermarket quality i do have a deep sympathy for modeller's who 

work the best out of an old Airfix or Frog kit and achieving beautiful results!

Looking at those it's like a trip down memory lane for me who grew up in ancient times of modelling in the early '70s.

• 2 months later...

Time for an update Gentlemen.....

Some Undercarriage parts...

IMG_12.jpg

For sure we have some wheels too😊

IMG_13.jpg

IMG_14.jpg

Stress effects & Weathering came out nicely....

IMG_16.jpg

IMG_17JPG.jpg

IMG_011.jpg

IMG_18.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Since it was the first time for me to create a wooden structure it took several attempts & techniques on the fuselage before i liked the result.....

IMG_19.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_012.jpg

IMG_013.jpg

IMG_06.jpg

IMG_061.jpg

IMG_065.jpg

IMG_0651JPG.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0677JPG.jpg

That's it for now and as always hope you like it....

Cheers

Hans

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1