Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito - keep off!

Phil32

Heres one thats puzzling me.

I'm doing the above mentioned Tamiya, and being more at the casual end of the hobby, i'm using decals rather than painting. However the 'keep off' area of the wing top, just inside of each engine, looks awful with a decal on it due to the raised detail.

If I cant make them bed down and need to strip them off, and so far microsol is failing, what are my options to make this area right?

Phil

Maketar make paint masks for the red boxes and HGW do wet transfers for the same. 

If you want to stick with decals, Aviaeology make a stencil set that includes them and they're part of the Eagle Editions sheets. If you just want the boxes with the Keep off markings, I have a spare set you can have. 

Carl

The raised detail over the radiators looks a bit too " proud " , I`ve built two of these kits and with a No 10 blade shaved the

" lumps " down to about half . With a coat of Micro Sol the " Keep Off " decals settled down fine ! .

Don .

Thank you for the replies and offers both. With a little (gentle!) chipping/pricking away at troublespots it does all seem to be slowly settling down.

Carl - I will bear your very useful offer in mind should I decide i'm hitting further issues!

Cheers,

Phil