1/35 King Tiger

My latest build a 1/35 Academy German King Tiger (Last Production),OOB build nothing added that was not in the box,just left off some of the side guards and damaged  what was added,saw so many with lots of damage or no guards at all,the tracks are so big it would have been a shame to hide them,it was an easy build only lost a couple of pieces to the carpet Monster,Cheers and Enjoy.

tn_a4379b1b-7fde-4d53-9014-88f9309f6db4.tn_f08e6ccc-5950-4a6f-8e3d-52ab9d65aadc.tn_07eb7f7d-aa63-4beb-9973-cac11dedf249.tn_3c58aa38-8505-470f-8cc3-8b90f07fd678.tn_ba9723f7-4fa1-406f-9bf2-9a28702712e1.tn_6715226a-3218-49db-8868-44769aa5902c.tn_70bfecec-abac-4579-92b9-64deecd4c45d.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

A very nice job, lovely lite weathering. Looks professional, only pictures are too small and it's difficult to see any details :) (can you add some bigger/better photos ?)

And one thing I am considering on.... which so week gun the allies had to use to not pierce thin side fenders :D ???

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim, great work.

Glad you went for the King Tiger, just a pity you decided against the Octopus scheme. I've the same kit and was curious to see which shade of green works!

Always think the transport tracks leaves them looking a little undernourished.

What's next?

All the best

Darryl

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, Bullbasket said:

Lovely job Jim, and it's nice to see someone "damage" the plastic parts, instead of resorting to etched brass.

John.

Thanks John,plastic surgery with a candel,etch and me are not good friends,Cheers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Jim, great work.

Glad you went for the King Tiger, just a pity you decided against the Octopus scheme. I've the same kit and was curious to see which shade of green works!

Always think the transport tracks leaves them looking a little undernourished.

What's next?

All the best

Darryl

Thanks Darryl,sorry I did not go with the Octopus scheme,I had some very nice pics of the scheme I used,and to me it just looked better with the brown added(only personal taste)I tint up all my own colours,but must say I had a hell of a time trying to take some good pics,just could not get the contrast to look any good,almost never put this one up,my camera is just a happy snapper,this tank looks a lot better in the flesh or should I say plastic,and next up I think will be the Soviet BA-3,realy like this one just nice to build something without tracks,everything will be on the back burner for awhile,have so many doctors appointments,the old ticker and my eyes,everythings just needs servicing,Will be looking forward to seeing yours when it comes up for show,Cheers and keep well.

Jim

On 10/12/2018 at 7:37 PM, Hairtrigger said:

Great job..  I assume the l barrel is a replacement as original wore out or was damaged... 😁.   Nice touch. 😁 

Thanks mate,yes the barrel was a replacement,knocking out all those Shermans it melted the old one 😊...!!!

On 10/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, Kris B said:

Nice one Jim.

Thanks Kris,Cheers.

14 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Grrr...eat job with Kitty!, I have thought of doing one of these, and I will try with the camo in light colors like yours instead of the darker ones, please, what colors did you use?

Chers Jim 👍

Thanks Francis,sorry all my paints I use are craft paints bought from a local shop that sells a lot of craft ware. I just mix and match with what I have,some I have are getting close to 20 years old,Sorry this is no help to you,when I was a young boy I did my apprenticeship in the Auto Repair Trade and learnt how to make up colours,so this is how I get my colours.Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 02:22, Jim Wasley said:

Thanks Francis,sorry all my paints I use are craft paints bought from a local shop that sells a lot of craft ware. I just mix and match with what I have,some I have are getting close to 20 years old,Sorry this is no help to you,when I was a young boy I did my apprenticeship in the Auto Repair Trade and learnt how to make up colours,so this is how I get my colours.Cheers.

Thanks in any way for the answer, I will try to guide myself by the colors that I see in the photos.

Cheers Jim 👍

• Thanks 1

Good job, lovely finish on it. The camo is very well done, not too dark with the weathering on.

only criticism is the inside of the exhaust pipes seem very bright, not sure if that’s just the photo though. If not, they could do with darkening down.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Good job, lovely finish on it. The camo is very well done, not too dark with the weathering on.

only criticism is the inside of the exhaust pipes seem very bright, not sure if that’s just the photo though. If not, they could do with darkening down.

Thanks,and yes the pic never came out to well with this tank,the pipes are darker than the pic looks,Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim another fine example of your work , I am just catching up on people's work as things not to good health wise at this end .I have just completed the new revell PT. 109 torpedo boat first model this year so trying hard to get on with another project soon anyway you keep the good work up .👍

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Homer said:

Jim another fine example of your work , I am just catching up on people's work as things not to good health wise at this end .I have just completed the new revell PT. 109 torpedo boat first model this year so trying hard to get on with another project soon anyway you keep the good work up .👍

Thanks Homer,know what you mean,I've just come home from a triple bypass,and am feeling a little sore and sorry,Hope your good health returns and your back in full swing,Cheers Mate.

Excellent job.Made me smile you lost a few bits to the carpet monster.🤣.Having just built my very first tiger thought it was only a newbie who lost a few bits.I’ve spent more time searching the floor looking for bits than building.🤣

• Thanks 1