Roden VC10 tanker conversion?

TME3

I converted the Roden Super VC10 to a standard VC10 a couple of years ago - my build thread is here

Fuselage shortening is doable although I can't help thinking, having done it, that it's easier to start with an Airfix kit so you don't have to! There are a few other differences depending on which one you're doing - there might be differences in wing leading edges and fences (the thread Scimitar has linked to will probably help with that) and there are differences in the width and angles of the stub wings that the engines sit on in some variants. I think the C.1 (and therefore C.1K) had the same engine fit as a Super VC10, might have had the same wings too, so starting with the Roden kit and shortening it might be a good way to do it. K.2s were (I think) converted from British Airways series 1101 aircraft, so there were some differences in the wings and engine fit from the K.3/4 - doable from the Roden kit but the Airfix K.2 might be a better starting point.

The VC-10 C Mk1 was basically a Standard VC-10 fuselage married with a Super VC-10 wings. There are some other difference such as only the outer engines has the reverse thrust, but what they are I do not know.