1/350 Vanguard Class SSBN

Here I present my latest build, an OOB build of a Vanguard Class SSBN using the Bronco kit.

20181011-200111.jpg

20181011-200155.jpg

20181011-200215.jpg

20181011-200503.jpg

20181011-200358-1.jpg

The only bit of work needed was the mating of the hull halves. Primed using Halford's grey primer, German tank grey for lower hull and Halford's satin black was used overall. The sub was 'Kleared', decaled and coated with Tamiya satin varnish. Das Boot was masked to leave the deck exposed, with VERY low tac masking over the two decals and painted with Humbrol matt black and the sonar array was glossed with Klear. Five masts were fitted into fin and a couple of Tamiya figures were added to complete build.

WIP here:

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
  • Like 22

Very nice indeed Stuart. Enjoyed the WIP too.

I've only ever built one submarine, that was years ago when I scratch built a 1/1200 Oberon! Might have to try my hand at a 1/350 sub one day soon.

Terry

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Very nice indeed Stuart. Enjoyed the WIP too.

Cheers Terry.

Depending how long it takes to build my stock of available RN subs, I may have to scratch an Oberon Class too but in 1/350. Resin Shipyards do produce 2off Oberons in 1/350 but they're out-of-action due to ill health :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Very nice Stuart I like the colour variation with the matt and clear coated areas one for the notes I think. :book:

thanks Beefy. Quite surprised with the differences between matt/ satin and gloss/

Stuart

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Stuart, this was a superb model & a deserved winner on the night! :thumbsup:

Now I expect to see your K Class completed at the next competition & looking forward to seeing more water effects, oh and that kit Nigel gave you to compare alongside this one!

Martin

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Hi Stuart, this was a superb model & a deserved winner on the night! :thumbsup:

Now I expect to see your K Class completed at the next competition & looking forward to seeing more water effects, oh and that kit Nigel gave you to compare alongside this one!

Martin

I don't why this model deserved to win on club night, it's not exactly demanding as apposed to my RAF ASRL... nothing stranger than folk. As for the other subs, I need bases and other water effects will be reserved for my launches.

Stuart

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

I don't why this model deserved to win on club night, it's not exactly demanding as apposed to my RAF ASRL... nothing stranger than folk. As for the other subs, I need bases and other water effects will be reserved for my launches.

Stuart

Well I thought it was impressive it gained around 9 first choices. Would be nice to see one plowing through the water but understand that you want them all displayed similarly. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...