Panther ausf A (1:35 Tamiya)

Hi,

This is a 1:35 model, the Panzer V Panther tank. This is Tamiya KIT no. 35065. I made it as movable model (the film about how can it ride is at the bottom). Additional parts are the Friulmodel tracks, two PE fenders in front, handmade towing cables and small accessories.

Constructive criticism is encouraged.

25375_rd.jpg

25375_rd.jpg

25375_rd.jpg

25375_rd.jpg

25375_rd.jpg

25717_rd.jpg

25717_rd.jpg

25717_rd.jpg

25717_rd.jpg

25375_rd.jpg

AT NIGHT effect :)

25737_rd.jpg?lm=1539593302

adding a bearing to the wheels while assembling

-7iU3XD_6gsXzyGeSGAzrVNBo9y1yUIEm99xKmfr

Edited by witjas4
added new photo
  • Like 20

Those Friuls, really make the difference, is not that with good tracks only the model is perfect in everything (not your case ... lol), but, we must recognize that "they are worth what they cost".
A very curious camo, it must have been difficult to make the clear stripes.:goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Soeren said:

Nice paintjob and waethering. Question: what means it is a running model?

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. I mean it have movable wheels and trucks and you can play with this model like a toy :)

Edited by witjas4

11 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Those Friuls, really make the difference, is not that with good tracks only the model is perfect in everything (not your case ... lol), but, we must recognize that "they are worth what they cost".
A very curious camo, it must have been difficult to make the clear stripes.:goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks for the comment, It is not so difficult if you have a way to do it ;) cause it very hard to make it clear using only a airbrush in the hand.

Cheers

Edited by witjas4

Just now, Soeren said:

Ah OK.  I thought you maybe put the rc kit in.

I read that as:  'Ah OK. I thouht you maybe put a rocket in'

Lovely job WItjas,

Great camo, lovely weathering. I really like the satin finish. Looks much more like a big hunk of metal.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

Just the inspiration i needed to get mine finished! really like the camo scheme, it looks excellent. i’m figting with the kit tracks, yours look really good and make a huge difference to the finished model.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2018 at 12:19, Bullbasket said:

Very nicely finished Panther. Well done.

John.

On 13/10/2018 at 01:58, Hairtrigger said:

I really like that...  The tracks are brilliant.   

On 13/10/2018 at 23:36, Yetifan said:

Just the inspiration i needed to get mine finished! really like the camo scheme, it looks excellent. i’m figting with the kit tracks, yours look really good and make a huge difference to the finished model.

On 14/10/2018 at 00:07, Sandlapper said:

I love seeing old kit get attention. So often people look past kits like this one. You’ve done a super job on it! 

Thank's a lot guys for the comments. I replace the trucks (for a metal one) in most of my models, but it is because of moving ability mostly :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this build, a truly brilliant model.  I have asked another member what tracks were used on his build, (I assumed Fruil),   I find the descriptions confusing. 

May I ask what tracks were used with the fruil part number please.  If you have not seen it the other panther was posted by FrancisGL.

I am looking at part Friul Modellismo ATL-021.

kind regards

Gary

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2018 at 06:09, Gary 1960 said:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this build, a truly brilliant model.  I have asked another member what tracks were used on his build, (I assumed Fruil),   I find the descriptions confusing. 

May I ask what tracks were used with the fruil part number please.  If you have not seen it the other panther was posted by FrancisGL.

I am looking at part Friul Modellismo ATL-021.

kind regards 

Gary

Hi Gary.

First at all I believe you don't need ATL-21 which are for the Panther II, but just ATL-33 which I used for the my Panther I tank (Tamiya 35065).

Second, I agree with FrancisGL about to high cost of tracks for so cheap model like 35065 Tamiya. Now you will probably ask me why I have used the friuls in my Panther,... so in my case the answer is simple - I make all my model as movable/running ones, in big part this is due to my children and I'm really very happy when my model costs me € 37-40 with the metal track. My Panther cost me €15 + €24 for Friuls. Tamiyas model P/N starting with 350xx are old ones project from the 70s-80s and in my opinion it better to buy different much more detailed modern models, for example Italeri, Trumpeter or last Tamiyas eventualy (p/n 351xx, 352xx). May be you already have this old kit and looking for the track for it, then I suggest to buy one o those https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/German-Panther-Ausf.D-Separate-track-link-set.html  or  https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Panther-Early-Type-Workable-Track-Link-Set.html

which are enough detailed and cheaper than Friuls. For the stationary models plastic separate links are very good. But not for me because I play with models with my children like a toy.... but much more carefully ;)

If my argument doesn't convince you and you still MUST HAVE those stinky Friuls :)  that's ok buy it and "don't yell at me please" :D. I don't remember if I had some trouble like Francis mentioned, maybe a little bit, if you look closer to my sprocket wheels you will see that their teeth are thinner than original ones, but sawing by file took me not more than 30min if I'm not wrong.

Please answer me what is your final choice. ... I'm looking formward.

Regards

Edited by witjas4

12 hours ago, witjas4 said:

Hi Gary.

First at all I believe you don't need ATL-21 which are for the Panther II, but just ATL-33 which I used for the my Panther I tank (Tamiya 35065).

Second, I agree with FrancisGL about to high cost of tracks for so cheap model like 35065 Tamiya. Now you will probably ask me why I have used the friuls in my Panther,... so in my case the answer is simple - I make all my model as movable/running ones, in big part this is due to my children and I'm really very happy when my model costs me € 37-40 with the metal track. My Panther cost me €15 + €24 for Friuls. Tamiyas model P/N starting with 350xx are old ones project from the 70s-80s and in my opinion it better to buy different much more detailed modern models, for example Italeri, Trumpeter or last Tamiyas eventualy (p/n 351xx, 352xx). May be you already have this old kit and looking for the track for it, then I suggest to buy one o those https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/German-Panther-Ausf.D-Separate-track-link-set.html  or  https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Panther-Early-Type-Workable-Track-Link-Set.html

which are enough detailed and cheaper than Friuls. For the stationary models plastic separate links are very good. But not for me because I play with models with my children like a toy.... but much more carefully ;)

If my argument doesn't convince you and you steal MUST HAVE those stinky Friuls :)  that's ok buy it and "don't yell at me please" :D. I don't remember if I had some trouble like Francis mentioned, maybe a little bit, if you look closer to my idler wheels you will see that their teeth are thinner than original ones, but sawing by file took me not more than 30min if I'm not wrong.

Please answer me what is your final choice. ... I'm looking formward.

Regards

Thanks for your reply.  I will continue building the model and review how the supplied tracks look.They appear to be very tight .  The reasoning behind your choices and advice regarding the later models is appreciated.

Kind regards

Gary