F-4 C from ZM

dov

Hallo again

I did the oil job. Well, I am not satisfied, some panel lines I hurt during modeling. I do not dare to carve it by myself. I am worried to hurt the model.

rIe3YAW.jpg

ch8VadE.jpg

De50tXr.jpg

0nPo4Si.jpg

Now the decals: It is most time the same truculent awareness: The geometry of the decal does not fit with the instruction and do not fit with the model either. This is the reality. I really get mad about such an idiocy.

On the photo of the real a/c there are the small letters used. I cannot show it to you, because of copyright matters.

Most times, it lacks on geometry. Angles of panel lines does not coincide. At my F-35, I had the same situation at the ruder.

The walkway is cruel. Wrong!

The complete modelling process makes me alert about fitting troubles with aftermarket products.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dov said:

I did the oil job. Well, I am not satisfied, some panel lines I hurt during modeling. I do not dare to carve it by myself. I am worried to hurt the model.

Anyway, @dov, the job done very well! It needs some practice and the proper cutter to scribe the panel lines - but it’s not so hard, the second attempt will be OK 😉

Cheers! 😎

Hallo again,

Now stenciling my F-4. The material I had was

·        Stencils from the ZM kit

·        Stencils from the Decals I used for marking

·        Stencils as wet transfer from HGW.

The size of the stencils was definitely a miracle. Just HGW size of letters was according to scale. All others were bold and oversized. The trouble with HGW was, some of them disaggregated. So I lost them. Some others vanished, when I peeled off the foil.

In the kit, the number of stencils is rudimentary. In the extra decal sheet it is not better. So HGW was the only solution for me. Does anybody know a good stencil sheet for Phantoms?

Now the underside awaits me tomorrow.

JYPswWC.jpg

0K9iCnh.jpg

n2rR8w6.jpg

mtt8fXi.jpg

IaHBvWw.jpg

Happy modelling

• Like 2

Hallo again,

Now I finished the model. As I told you, stenciling was not so a straight way. The HGM wet transfers caused me some grasping. Sometimes the vanished in 100 little parts. This may have been caused by hurting the film with my scissors, when cutting a curve. The water temperature should just be hand warm. If the transfer stands on the surface, proper application, no bulbs and the blue Micro Set. You will be mostly successful, but never be sure for 100%.

te70lOp.jpg

Ix9gqe7.jpg

Look at the ejection seats from Hypersonic, early MB and the kit ones, the later MB, with HGW harness. This one I will use in my next kit. The D version.

SQjWK1u.jpg

uU9oWTh.jpg

hSFrUpC.jpg

The main gear is one of the best design all over the kit. The main landing gear has stubs which are in real the pivot joint. So you get a perfect static joint. Hallo ZM guys, really perfect done!

All the other parts, no complaint. Straight forward.

As I mentioned, the ladder is the aftermarket. PlusModel.

HvURVbv.jpg

yg1WI1q.jpg

UHigjOk.jpg

06ijlZp.jpg

yHrc7kw.jpg

DaRUD6b.jpg

nhDMJBV.jpg

Gu91vj8.jpg

BZCxWx5.jpg

So I close this WIP from the C version and will shift to my D version from Austin in Texas.

Happy modelling

• Like 3