That explains it then :) 

Looking forward to the end product :) 

Ian

On 10/19/2018 at 9:42 AM, exdraken said:

looking smart!!

:thumbsup:

On 10/19/2018 at 11:47 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

whoosh, came along even faster than the real thing on reheat, looks awesome 

Thanks All  :happy:  I'm on leave this week so I'm hoping to complete the build soonest!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a week off last week and did everything other than any modelling!! Oh well, I've completed the decals this evening so I just need to seal them (tomorrow), put on a panel wash and she's almost done! :happy:

45586886232_a451b45600_k.jpg

• Like 6

Terrific paint and decals, i liked the red parts on the last one but this blue looks really good, i think I'll have to pick one of the last 48th scale ones up from telford, before they're all gone, 

Glynn 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hewy said:

Terrific paint and decals, i liked the red parts on the last one but this blue looks really good, i think I'll have to pick one of the last 48th scale ones up from telford, before they're all gone, 

Glynn 

Thanks Glynn  :happy:  She's currently soaking in a grime / panel wash. Need to leave it 30 mins before getting the worst off then looking to complete her tomorrow 🤞

I imagine the 1:48 kits must be a dream to build!! :daydream:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I have one of these birds on the to-do list.  I have seen so many good looking builds that I realize I must do it!

Nice looking model too!  Very pretty.

Thanks John. Hope you like the final result. I was up early this morning so made the best of the time.

Thanks to Col for hosting - thoroughly enjoyable (despite the first attempt palaver)!! 

31789411948_bd04cbb246_k.jpg

31789411938_c0e7953ffe_k.jpg

43843729500_550276c66f_k.jpg

44747543965_3a0addaaf1_k.jpg

43843731670_b7b79594ce_k.jpg

I'm now off to the Grummen GB

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Lovely result :goodjob: 

Seeing models of this quality is one of the rewards from hosting a GB that go towards making it all worthwhile.

Very kind words - Thank you Col :blush:  Thanks again for the opportunity to build a Lightning (even if it took two attempts!) Glynn's post has me pondering over a 1:48 now!!

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Really nice.  Lovely attention to detail and NMF.

Many thanks John. Appreciated :happy:

• Like 1

Absolutely Superb Nigel! I am so pleased you got a Lightning finished for this GB. The paintwork and finish look top notch and I do like the presentation! A great looking Lightning! Very well done. :clap2::thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely Superb Nigel! I am so pleased you got a Lightning finished for this GB. The paintwork and finish look top notch and I do like the presentation! A great looking Lightning! Very well done. :clap2::thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix - You are very kind  :blush:  

I have a few more of the stands left so will be doing some more 'in flight' builds over the coming months :fingerscrossed:

• Like 2